2 days trip to Daytona Beach

Reads 442 • Replies 1 • Started Thursday, May 4, 2017 10:29:05 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

rennat42
beers 5366 º places 205 º 22:29 Thu 5/4/2017

I’m coming down to Daytona Beach for my brother’s graduation from Embry-Riddle Sun 5/7 to Mon 5/8. Haven’t been down here since I visited the school in high school over 8 years ago for myself. From the looks of things, I plan to hit the following (unfortunately time does not allow for much drinking at breweries and bars):

-Tomoka Brewing
-Daytona Brewing (only because of convenience to his apt.)

As far as bottle shops go, I have room for 4-6 bombers. I want primarily Cigar City and Funky Buddha and some other tasty locals. Is Total Wine really my only option? Maybe the ABC in Port Orange as well? I guess I am just curious where in Daytona/Port Orange has the best local selection...

Also, can anyone confirm if there is a Funk Buddha taproom in Daytona now? This is the only thing that points to yes.. https://funkybuddhabrewery.com/daytona-taproom. I can’t find it on Google maps or anywhere else in search results.

Thanks!

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 03:14 Fri 5/5/2017

I was just at Tomoka in Port Orange. It was nice. Lots of food choices. About 15-20 beers on draft.

From what I know, ABC and Total Wine are the only big stores in town. Too bad you don’t have time to head down to Titusville. Some nice stuff there.

Some ABCs have a growler station. But you have to have the growlers wth the small handle and screw top.

This is the first I have heard of the FB tap room in Daytona. Wish I knew about it on Monday when I drove through. I would have stopped. Please report back on that.