Amsterdam Aug. 19-21

Reads 689 • Replies 6 • Started Monday, August 14, 2017 1:26:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 738 º 13:26 Mon 8/14/2017

Will be in Amsterdam from 19 to 21th August. Would like to meet up with some local Ratebeerians, anyone up for sharing some beers?!

Also, any recommendations what do or what places to hit in Amsterdam (beside the obvious) are welcome.

Cheers,
Mart

kermis
beers 18395 º places 748 º 14:59 Mon 8/14/2017

Normally would but I’ll be off this weekend to the Danish summer gathering. Be sure to check out Foeders and have fun in Amsterdam!

PotjeBier
beers 4514 º places 13 º 16:27 Mon 8/14/2017

Butcher’s Tears celebrate their 4th anniversary on Saturday with some new beers.

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 01:56 Tue 8/15/2017

Big chance I’ll be at Oedipus the 19th afternoon/evening because my gf wants to go to a festival around the corner from them :-)

Borresteijn
beers 11327 º places 404 º 02:20 Tue 8/15/2017

Hi Mart, unfortunately I won’t be able to join you, but as kermis said, Foeders seems to be the new place to be for beer. Haven’t been there myself yet, but word is that it’s really good.
Apart from the obvious: I always particularly like Café Hesp (unknown Belgian brewers), Café Gollem (Belgian stuff) and Brecht (German micro’s), but more for vibe than lots of beers. For local ticks, get to Tap Zuid. It’s a bit out of the way, but if you want local micro stuff, this is your place. Gollem Craft Beer - Amstelstraat is a great central place with a good variety of local and foreign beers, mixed with some classics. If you want to eat meat and have a good beer, go to Cannibale Royale. The new breweries (Oedipus, Butcher’s Tears, Poesiat & Kater) are all a bit out of the way, but certainly nice to pay a visit to at least one of them. Oedipus has the best beers imho.
Good luck and enjoy!

kermis
beers 18395 º places 748 º 04:06 Tue 8/15/2017

+1 on Cannibale Royale to eat, absolutely amazing ribs! If you go make sure you book in advance, at least on the day. It’s popular.

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 738 º 07:02 Tue 8/15/2017

Thanks for the recommendations. Definitely will check some of those out.

Maakun: Oedipus on 19th seems like a very good plan. My hotel is located near Centraal station, so it should be just a short ferry ride and a short walk from there.

Butcher’s Tears seems a bit further away, but I would like to visit as many breweries/brewpubs as I can, so maybe I can go there on Sunday to drink some of the anniversary leftovers.

After Amsterdam I will visit Antwerpen and Brussels (including BXLBeerfest), so some beers can be shared in those locations also.