Beavertown Extravaganza 2018 - tickets now on sale

Reads 13161 • Replies 46 • Started Sunday, November 5, 2017 6:27:52 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 06:30 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by Desverger
It is a pity they have not gone for a premium gold (early access) option like for CBC (MBCC now) the last couple of years, does make a difference for those of us who want to hit up those in demand beers before the inevitable massive queues.

Overall enjoyed 2017 as a first experience, although the queues/beer running out early/glass rinsing facilities was disappointing. Will probably give it a miss next year (due to other fests going on close to it) but will certainly be interesting to see how this develops over the coming years.

Im really glad they havent. I hate the feeling of milking the crowd for every last bit. Plus i dont like the fact many people have to save to do these sort of event and then get a 2nd class experience because some of us can just throw money arround.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40552 º places 1239 º 06:36 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
It is a pity they have not gone for a premium gold (early access) option like for CBC (MBCC now) the last couple of years, does make a difference for those of us who want to hit up those in demand beers before the inevitable massive queues.

Overall enjoyed 2017 as a first experience, although the queues/beer running out early/glass rinsing facilities was disappointing. Will probably give it a miss next year (due to other fests going on close to it) but will certainly be interesting to see how this develops over the coming years.

Im really glad they havent. I hate the feeling of milking the crowd for every last bit. Plus i dont like the fact many people have to save to do these sort of event and then get a 2nd class experience because some of us can just throw money arround.

Crowd has already been milked @£5 booking fee so whats another £10/15?

I don't have the time to get to as many events as some Ratebeerians so I would rather pay a premium for a better experience on the day I do get to go.

What's wrong with that?

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 06:50 Wed 11/8/2017

I'll throw my own money around as I choose .

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 06:53 Wed 11/8/2017

If someone has to relentlessly save up to attend a beer event,they might wanna work on improving their prospects with self betterment steps that eventually lead to better financial prospects and money in their pockets.

Fin
beers 17274 º places 1653 º 07:38 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by Gary
If someone has to relentlessly save up to attend a beer event,they might wanna work on improving their prospects with self betterment steps that eventually lead to better financial prospects and money in their pockets.

Some people might actually be rather happy in their job, in fact they may do a very good job and get great job satisfaction and you know what, that job might actually not be that well paid. I think that your suggestion whilst probably tongue in cheek is rather simplistic and reminiscent of a famous quote by Norman Tebbit.

evergreen0199
beers 5930 º 08:25 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by Gary

You da man Gary!

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 08:44 Wed 11/8/2017

Craig, come on. If you're passionate about social justice, you would do better to not focus on beer festivals like this, where almost by definition everyone in attendance is privileged.

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 09:01 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Crowd has already been milked @£5 booking fee so whats another £10/15?

I don't have the time to get to as many events as some Ratebeerians so I would rather pay a premium for a better experience on the day I do get to go.

What's wrong with that?

if an extra £10 isnt a problem, then lets make at an extra 10 for every one and great for everyone

Ypu paying extra makes the experience better for you. but worse for everyone else.

as you go in Probably every one in early goes for all the most desirable beer and then there less for the other.

So what you actually want to do is pay more to make things worse for others.

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 09:04 Wed 11/8/2017

Originally posted by Leighton

Craig, come on. If you're passionate about social justice, you would do better to not focus on beer festivals like this, where almost by definition everyone in attendance is privileged.

Maybe many are. But you assume that less well off people cant chose to spent a lot of money on a Luxury.

We all make our choices.

But for me, You paying to get in early get first access to all the cool stuff. Isnt just making your day batter its making other people day worse.

Personally im not comfortable Paying to make things worse for other people.

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 09:13 Wed 11/8/2017

Ah, the politics of hypothetical beer festival scenarios!