Beer Cellar Want/Have feature only for premium members ?

Reads 957 • Replies 7 • Started Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:41:25 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Foxtrottcharly
beers 1 º 04:41 Sat 9/12/2015

Hello to the Ratebeer community,
I have joined here yesterday and wanted to start building my cellar.
But everytime I click on the red heart to add a beer, nothing happens...
First I thought this was a Javas cript issue but I am having this problem with a different browser as well.....
Please help me out here with information on how to proceed.
Thanks in advance,
Freddy

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 04:44 Sat 9/12/2015

It’s just broken, I’m premium and I also can’t use it.

Travlr
beers 33924 º places 4607 º 06:09 Sat 9/12/2015

You can still add beers to your wants/haves list. On the beer’s page, click the Locate Sellers icon and an availability page will come up. On the left side you’ll see the number of people who want or have that beer. Click +add me - and that’s it!

Foxtrottcharly
beers 1 º 07:50 Sat 9/12/2015

Thanks for the info, but I have tried this with several beers and on the left side only the picture of the beer appears. Benath the picture it says "we have trading features here for our premium members" everything below is blank white space...
DoI need a premium access to have this feature ?

Travlr
beers 33924 º places 4607 º 08:55 Sat 9/12/2015

^^^ that’s a good question, maybe it is Premium, I can’t tell.

On a beer’s page, on the right side, I see orange boxes that say Rate This and Locate Sellers. If you can’t see the Locate Sellers box, it must be Premium.

rennat42
beers 5366 º places 205 º 10:35 Sat 9/12/2015

I assumed it was for everyone as well, but maybe it’s only Premium now. As mentioned, the little red heart is broken but I did add beers last right through Travlr’s way of doing it. If you plan to use the site a lot, I certainly think Premium is worth the cost, lots of great stats you get with it, forums too, but I’m a fan of the statistics.

And welcome to the site!

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:41 Sat 9/12/2015

It changes every once in a while what and how much you can add if you’re not premium.

Even if you don’t care about the forums or rating beers/places you could think of it this way: the cost of premium is about the cost of one bottle that you’ll buy for a trade. Not a real high price.

Foxtrottcharly
beers 1 º 13:07 Sat 9/12/2015

Thanks for all your comments - I think I will go for the premium membership anyway