Beers from Greenland

Reads 767 • Replies 4 • Started Sunday, February 19, 2017 5:49:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

ArtificialCyst
beers 1615 º places 27 º 17:49 Sun 2/19/2017

Hey there!

Anybody having a good availability of Greenlandic beers? I would like to trade 15 bottles for 15 bottles (preferably only Greenlandic beers/ciders/perries/meads but I’m definately not strict here).

I can send the sheeping anywhere around Europe (and Greenland).

martin00sr
beers 11058 º places 141 º 05:38 Mon 2/20/2017

Hi,
unless you hook up with someone i Greenland, I think it’s going to be difficult to find 15 different Greenland ticks... Not that I get around that much, but I usually see maybe 2 or 3 different in shops in Denmark.
Good luck!
Martin

Originally posted by ArtificialCyst
Hey there!

Anybody having a good availability of Greenlandic beers? I would like to trade 15 bottles for 15 bottles (preferably only Greenlandic beers/ciders/perries/meads but I’m definately not strict here).

I can send the sheeping anywhere around Europe (and Greenland).

humlelala
beers 1377 º places 89 º 08:07 Mon 2/20/2017

Immiaq and Godthaab are the only ones currently in business brewing beer in Greenland, right? Between them they have around 25 entries listed on RateBeer but you get the impression many of them are small, one-off batches.

To the extent that Godthaab even has distribution in Denmark it’s keg only. Immiaq is not distributed here and even in Greenland it’s keg only.

If you want to fool yourself you can get hold of some bottles labeled "69 degrees" or "Grønland Ice Cap". That is some vile shit marketed by Harboe and produced in Estonia with no Greenlandic input whatsoever.

rane
beers 1325 º places 5 º 17:24 Mon 2/27/2017

I hope the global warming never gets to an extent where it´s possible to produce ciders or perries from local fruit in Greenland. ;-)

saranora
08:00 Mon 4/24/2017

Hey, guys. I am coming to Copenhagen next week and I want some recommendations, which beers I should try. I really like the dark ones. By the way, because I will visit Denmark for the first time, I am planning to get one of the Denmark tours. Maybe you know if this one is good: http://www.baltictours.com/info/tours-in-denmark/? I really want to visit as many places as possible. :) Thanks for your advices!