Brussels Beer Weekend

Reads 2246 • Replies 18 • Started Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:27:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25367 º places 68 º 10:43 Tue 8/29/2017

Originally posted by kraddel
I do however invite you over, if that is a possibility. If not, its prpbably better to try and meet up withsome geeks and do your own festival aka pubcrawl. Better beers, less stress ??

Thanks for the invite. There are still plenty of bars in Brussels I’ve not been to and ones I want to go to again to keep me busy for the weekend.
Especially as there is an Italian festival at MLF, that will take priority.

harrisoni
beers 25367 º places 68 º 10:44 Tue 8/29/2017

Originally posted by 77ships
On Saturday I will be doing 3F open door days

How do you get to 3F?

77ships
beers 14200 º places 919 º 10:55 Tue 8/29/2017

Originally posted by harrisoni

How do you get to 3F?

The open door days will take place at their new location in Lot, short train ride from Brussels. I might get a ride but otherwise just train. Check their site for new directions.

harrisoni
beers 25367 º places 68 º 04:16 Tue 9/5/2017

From the festival in the Grand Place.
Well I ended up with 17 rates and 4 new beers for me from Boon including 3 of the new VAT releases.
Went Sunday lunchtime. 10 minute queue for tokens, but then no queues at stands or for a beer.
And I left plenty of rates on some of the stands.
A little expensive. but I really enjoyed it.

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 07:31 Tue 9/5/2017

Well I ended up with 17 rates and 4 new beers for me from Boon including 3 of the new VAT releases.
Went Sunday lunchtime. 10 minute queue for tokens, but then no queues at stands or for a beer.

Good to hear you liked it ! Sounds like it was better than previous editions. How were the boon's ? just bought the set today, actually :)

harrisoni
beers 25367 º places 68 º 07:33 Tue 9/5/2017

Originally posted by kraddel

Good to hear you liked it ! Sounds like it was better than previous editions. How were the boon's ? just bought the set today, actually :)

Outstanding. the 91 and 110 my favourites 108 too sour for me Plus Frank Boon was there too.

harrisoni
beers 25367 º places 68 º 07:34 Tue 9/5/2017

How do you get to 3F?

The open door days will take place at their new location in Lot, short train ride from Brussels. I might get a ride but otherwise just train. Check their site for new directions.

Good to see you Eugene. Thanks for the seat at MLF and the chat about Prince, North Korea, Tim Burton, Batman, Trump and Brexit. Best conversation I had all weekend.

77ships
beers 14200 º places 919 º 15:22 Tue 9/5/2017

How do you get to 3F?

Good to see you Eugene. Thanks for the seat at MLF and the chat about Prince, North Korea, Tim Burton, Batman, Trump and Brexit. Best conversation I had all weekend.

Right back at you.