can’t log in on mobile; no response to support request

Reads 754 • Replies 6 • Started Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:09:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cellio
21:09 Tue 1/13/2015

I signed up with Rate Beer recently because it looks like it does just what I need -- lets me look up individual beers and track my own quick ratings ("ticks"). This is what I need when I’m looking at a beer menu, think I’ve had something before, but can’t recall what I thought of it.

When I’m looking at that beer menu, though, I don’t have the computer on which I’m typing this with me -- I have my phone. I’ve made several attempts over the last week or two to log in on my phone, with both Chrome and the native Android browser, and I consistently get a message saying "no dice -- check what you typed, or maybe our servers are overloaded".

I know my user name and password are correct; I can check them against the session through which I’m logged in right now. I find it hard to believe that Rate Beer’s servers are *always* having problems -- but only from phones, not from other computers.

So what gives? How can I successfully log in on my phone? Thanks.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 21:17 Tue 1/13/2015

I had a similar problem once. I reset my password and set it to the same thing it was before, then I could log in.

bytemesis
beers 15381 º places 1601 º 21:23 Tue 1/13/2015

Try a password reset, but keep trying! The site is worth it.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 21:23 Tue 1/13/2015

There’s no response to your service request because you weren’t logged in and you didn’t say your username in the request. Impossible to help you that way.

cellio
22:14 Wed 1/14/2015

Oh, I didn’t make the connection that the link from the mobile web page wouldn’t know who I was. I’ll try a password reset.

cellio
22:19 Wed 1/14/2015

Changing the password did the trick. Thanks all!

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 01:07 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by cellio
Changing the password did the trick. Thanks all!

Fortunately (or unfortunately if someone guesses your password) this site allows you to reuse old passwords. So if this happens again I don’t think you even have to change it, just click reset and enter the same thing that it was.