Can't search for a brewery

Reads 730 • Replies 8 • Started Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:17:37 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Stuu666
beers 28730 º places 492 º 05:17 Tue 10/10/2017

Odd problem I'm having at the moment, if I try to search for "Left Handed Giant" I get "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred."

This also happens with search variations such as "left giant" or "handed giant". I can search some beers like "Lactose tolerant" successfully but if I click on the brewer name I get the error.

Help?

Edit: Should have added this is across a range of browsers/devices and that cgarvie was able to search without issue.

imdownthepub
beers 26202 º places 2119 º 05:35 Tue 10/10/2017

It is odd, I am not having a problem with Left Handed Giant, but I do get a problem if the brewery has an apostrophe, Banks's for instance.

Sledutah
beers 11316 º places 959 º 16:27 Tue 10/10/2017

Try it now. Somebody aliased two beers into one "Left Handed Giant Extra Pale", but didn't fix the duplicate ratings, which you had. For some reason if you have 2 ratings of the same beer you are unable to access the whole brewery.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 00:21 Wed 10/11/2017

I have this problem with Bokkereyder. I can't search for Bokkereyder or go to the brewery page.

Koelschtrinker
beers 28835 º places 22 º 01:22 Wed 10/11/2017

Let me add “Kehrwieder“ to this strange list

Marko
admin
beers 17959 º places 879 º 04:59 Wed 10/11/2017

Could you guys try again? As Sledutah mentions - aliases that weren't checked for duplicates tend to result in this, and I've jost gone through the list - there was a Bokkereyder and a Kehrwieder beer on it. Works for me now, should work for you too.

We generally have a nifty tool that allows us to seek out these forgotten ones and fixed them. However, it's bugged as fuck since that whole mobile app account duplicating fiasco I reckon. There's a veritable forest of these, and the app randomly gives out errors. Some of the entries, which I assume were brought on by the app, cannot be fixed by the tool and remain on the list, obscuring actual regular duplicate ratings to be merged - which kinda made it harder for us to do work with it.

To conclude, just another thing that needs to be fixed. If you can't access a brewery page consistently, it's likely due to this error and feel free to notify any of us to check if there's some dupe to be fixed.

Stuu666
beers 28730 º places 492 º 05:05 Wed 10/11/2017

This seems to be fixed now, thanks. Although the little blurb on the right hand side for beers I've rated has other users comments! My actual notes are correct if I scroll down to find my rating.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 10:15 Wed 10/11/2017

I am writing up a note to make an uber fix so that future duplicate issues do not result in an ambiguous error.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 23:04 Wed 10/11/2017

Originally posted by Marko
Could you guys try again? As Sledutah mentions - aliases that weren't checked for duplicates tend to result in this, and I've jost gone through the list - there was a Bokkereyder and a Kehrwieder beer on it. Works for me now, should work for you too.

We generally have a nifty tool that allows us to seek out these forgotten ones and fixed them. However, it's bugged as fuck since that whole mobile app account duplicating fiasco I reckon. There's a veritable forest of these, and the app randomly gives out errors. Some of the entries, which I assume were brought on by the app, cannot be fixed by the tool and remain on the list, obscuring actual regular duplicate ratings to be merged - which kinda made it harder for us to do work with it.

To conclude, just another thing that needs to be fixed. If you can't access a brewery page consistently, it's likely due to this error and feel free to notify any of us to check if there's some dupe to be fixed.
Yes, it works now! Thanks!