College Football Thread 2016

Reads 8566 • Replies 128 • Started Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:52:38 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 17:34 Sun 9/25/2016

I’m glad to see Nebraska keeping it up. I’m a big Nebraska fan now. I don’t want you guys stealing Scott Frost from us. Then again, Helfrich hasn’t been doing all that well back up in Oregon, so they might ask Frost to come back. I love this guy, he has completely changed our culture for the better.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:36 Sun 9/25/2016

Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by Homer321
And Les Miles fired. Wowe.

LSU only kept him at the end of last season so that ’Cuse couldn’t bring him in. The ultimate college football cock block.

You don’t want Miles, my friend. He’s terrible. Terrible at hiring good staff. Top flight recruiting class every year, but nothing all that good really comes of it. His teams are consistently epic underachievers. Also, ’Cuse isn’t in any kind of Louisiana-like recruiting hotbed and it’s no kind of destination for athletes in the Bible Belt. Most kids down south, especially in Louisiana, ain’t coming up to no Syracuse. His classes at ’Cuse would be middling at best. His staff would suck. He’d be another Greg Robinson. Be glad.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:53 Sun 9/25/2016

Doesn’t take Harbaugh long to turn every program he touches into gold, and most programs he touches started out as dirt. Also doesn’t take him long for his message to get old and for him to piss of the AD, President and NFL team front offices. I’d take the gamble. Michigan fans don’t give a shit what their head coach does the first five seasons, as long as he’s a "Michigan Man."

Odd fanbase, Michigan’s. They worship a dead guy who never won them a national championship... or even a high percentage of bowl games, including the ever-important Rose Bowl (that no one else really gives a shit about nowadays.) When 2 of the 4 playoff teams hail from the BiG & the Pac 12, the RB is as useless as a cock flavored lollipop.

SHIG
admin
beers 13090 º places 502 º 02:59 Mon 9/26/2016

Originally posted by hopscotch
And Les Miles fired. Wowe.

LSU only kept him at the end of last season so that ’Cuse couldn’t bring him in. The ultimate college football cock block.

You don’t want Miles, my friend. He’s terrible. Terrible at hiring good staff. Top flight recruiting class every year, but nothing all that good really comes of it. His teams are consistently epic underachievers. Also, ’Cuse isn’t in any kind of Louisiana-like recruiting hotbed and it’s no kind of destination for athletes in the Bible Belt. Most kids down south, especially in Louisiana, ain’t coming up to no Syracuse. His classes at ’Cuse would be middling at best. His staff would suck. He’d be another Greg Robinson. Be glad.

Don’t remind me of GROB! Damn you hopscotch. That’s why we have been on a rebuild plan since ’04 when he was hired.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 03:20 Mon 9/26/2016

The coolest thing in Mizzou’s 79-0 win over Delaware State was when the coaches agreed to shorten the last two quarters to 10 minutes. Had no idea they could do that. What a waste of time.

Mizzou plays at Ed Orgeron’s LSU this weekend for the first time. I hope they’re reeling and all that stuff they say about teams whose coach was just fired.

SHIG
admin
beers 13090 º places 502 º 22:17 Tue 10/18/2016

22days and no one wants to talk about that huge Syracuse upset of VT?

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 22:25 Tue 10/18/2016

Nope

SHIG
admin
beers 13090 º places 502 º 08:02 Wed 10/19/2016

Nope

With how awesome Florida looks we could also talk about your fast start in pickems. Oh wait never mind they only have a couple teams worth a shit on their schedule left. Might only lose 2 more...

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:15 Sat 11/5/2016

Way to go Bulldogs!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:36 Sat 11/5/2016

Today (vs Clemson) is why no one cares about Syracuse beating VT. Also, VT is why no one cares about Syracuse beating VT. ;-)