Dead in here?

Reads 5759 • Replies 86 • Started Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:38:24 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

andrewje41
beers 7627 º places 142 º 10:17 Sun 1/8/2017

Looks like I’m going to make it a long President’s Day weekend down in Portland. Looking forward to it. Maybe it will line up with PtY release too.

hayduke
beers 6098 º places 23 º 11:03 Sun 1/8/2017

Not too long ago (2015) Portland hosted the RBSG and I attended It was very well organized and decently attended and everyone of course had a wonderful time. Like most of these gatherings it included a bus tour and a grand tasting. The process has been a nomination and vote process to select the host city and now that Joe has usurped the winter one as his own and moved it to the Santa Rosa area we are only left with one a year,in the "summer". Maybe we need a RBFG (Fall Gathering) and a RBSPG (Spring Gathering) so we do this four times a year instead of just two. So if you want to hold a RB Festival in the Portland area go for it. If it lasts at least two days and is anything like a typial Ratebeer "gathering" I will probably show up as it is one a short days drive away me in Eureka, CA. And go ahead and call it some kind of Ratebeer festival so it is "branded". I suppose you might need to clear this with Joe to avoid trademark infringement but I bet he would go for it. I am sure he knows Ratebeer needs all the publicity it can get.

But the original premise on here was a good one. What indeed is happening to Ratebeer? While it is still my site of choice for rating beers and has been since my early days of seeking out beers and rating them, adding beers has always been a little more tedious than it should be and I think that is why a lot of beers do not get added. I am willing to go to this trouble, but I know of others who do not and say it is just too much work. And finally not having a good IOS/Android app that make adding beers a snap is a serious deficiency as well.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 11:38 Mon 1/9/2017

Looks like I’m probably going to have a family trip around that time, so probably not going to be able to make this. If it falls through and airfare is as cheap as it is now I’ll likely make the trip. I’m not officially PNW yet though.

Sarlacc83
beers 2662 º places 111 º 13:14 Mon 1/9/2017

Eh, family will forgive you but RB is forever.

Capa
beers 4059 º places 526 º 16:22 Mon 1/9/2017

February is a busy month for me but the 18th may work. I’ll try to make whatever date the group decides.

douglas88
admin
beers 13239 º places 398 º 00:46 Thu 1/12/2017

OK, screwed up. Feb 18th is the Festival of Dark Arts and the HOTD release of their beer with Omnipollo. Most of the Portland RB crew will be in Astoria. Now....I wonder if we could do Friday the 17th which might be cool since the visitors could score some of the HOTD beer.

douglas88
admin
beers 13239 º places 398 º 00:47 Thu 1/12/2017

Or, we could do the next Saturday.

luttonm
beers 7592 º places 248 º 14:59 Thu 1/12/2017

The 17th would work best for me. I presume for Andrew too... and we could make a real go of it and hit Astoria too!

andrewje41
beers 7627 º places 142 º 15:13 Thu 1/12/2017

Book it, and they will come!

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 22:26 Thu 1/12/2017

Sorry to be late to the party. I hope to participate but the 17th and 18th options won’t work for me. I suspect that no date will work for everyone so I agree with andrewje41, book a date and those that can come will. Vyvvy, If you can make it out for this that would be fantastic!