Florida’s Best Beer Bars / Gastropubs

Reads 649 • Replies 4 • Started Monday, July 13, 2015 7:37:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:37 Mon 7/13/2015

I have a teacher friend/cousin from Arkansas who will be visiting Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, the Keys, Naples, Ft. Meyers, Sarasota and St. Pete/Tampa/Dunedin during the month of August. He’s new to the craft beer game and really wants to catch up on all he’s been missing.

He’s looking to try as many Florida-brewed beers as possible. He doesn’t want to hit too many breweries because he just doesn’t have the time. Florida’s booming nowadays. He’d rather try ten different Florida-brewed beers at one stop than stopping at ten different Florida breweries.

He’s also looking for the places that get the good out-of-state stuff that the other places in the area aren’t able to get. Arkansas doesn’t pull in much craft beer from anywhere. Heck, I went to college there for a year and discovered many of the counties are dry.

Any help would be appreciated. He’s looking to do this throughout the month of August and is wanting to put together an itinerary including the "can’t miss" stops.

Thanks! -Eric

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 20:09 Mon 7/13/2015

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 20:11 Mon 7/13/2015

Oops. (actual accidental blank post)

You know some of these answers!

Jacksonville has one really obvious answer - Kickbacks/Goozelpipes and Guttyworks. The new place he added onto the side (G&G) is amazeballs.

In Tallahassee I’d be hard pressed to skip the new Proof in Railroad Square but if he wants more variety, there are now two Brass Taps that would be his best bet.

Those are the only two cities I have personal and recurring experience with. Tell him have fun!

flabeer
places 2 º 09:17 Sun 7/26/2015

Orlando... Redlight Redlight
Tampa...Mr. Dunderbak’s

urielxvi
17:04 Tue 7/28/2015

Orlando - Redlight Redlight, Oblivion, and Tap & Grind(most FL beers usually)