Greetings from Seattle

Reads 2030 • Replies 15 • Started Wednesday, August 9, 2017 1:12:53 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joeyseattle
13:12 Wed 8/9/2017

Hey all, I’m Joey. I’m a Seattleite that has of recent become legal drinking age.

I’ve just got into the craft brew scene and I have to say that I don’t think I’ll ever go back to macros. Anyways, I’m looking forward to learning more about the community and being more involved.

Cheers!

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:14 Wed 8/9/2017

Welcome. Plenty to learn here. Check out the maps for some local breweries. If you get really into tracking your beers and want to get into stats more there are tons of neat lists.

slowrunner77
beers 19964 º places 499 º 13:24 Wed 8/9/2017

Cheers and welcome! You’re in a good place for craft beer, that’s for sure.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 14:02 Wed 8/9/2017

Welcome!

SinH4
beers 15469 º places 416 º 14:13 Wed 8/9/2017

Welcome to ratebeer!

Seattle has a wonderful beer scene and a wonderful community of ratebeerians, you’re gonna have a lot of fun in your exploration.

douglas88
admin
beers 13205 º places 398 º 14:45 Wed 8/9/2017

Welcome! Enjoy the PNW brews.

joeyseattle
15:30 Wed 8/9/2017

Thanks everyone! Super stoked to be in such a great place for beer. Anyone have any quick recommendations I should check out in Seattle or Portland? :)

luttonm
beers 7592 º places 248 º 15:43 Wed 8/9/2017

Hey man, welcome! You should meet up with Andrewje41 (Andrew, the local admin) and I sometime for some beers. We go out around town often, but also occasionally do low-key bottle shares.

Great places to start in Seattle would be both Chuck’s Hop Shops, Holy Mountain brewing, Cloudburst, Reuben’s / Stoup / rest of Ballard brewing scene, and Toronado and Brouwer’s for high-end (and expensive) beers alongside really good food

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 16:07 Wed 8/9/2017

Welcome. I’d second pretty much all of those recommendations for the Seattle area. Portland, loved Labrewatory, Cascade, Baerlic, Culmination.

But more than any of those in specific, I enjoy just going to a brewery that is new to me and exploring. Both Seattle and Portland have a ton of great places to explore.

joeyseattle
17:19 Wed 8/9/2017

Originally posted by luttonm
Hey man, welcome! You should meet up with Andrewje41 (Andrew, the local admin) and I sometime for some beers. We go out around town often, but also occasionally do low-key bottle shares.

Great places to start in Seattle would be both Chuck’s Hop Shops, Holy Mountain brewing, Cloudburst, Reuben’s / Stoup / rest of Ballard brewing scene, and Toronado and Brouwer’s for high-end (and expensive) beers alongside really good food

Oooh I’d be down for that. I’m going to UW and living in that area, so I can commute around the city in one form or another. When do y’all usually go out? I’m free most days after 5:30 and open on the weekends.

joeyseattle
17:23 Wed 8/9/2017

Originally posted by j12601
Welcome. I’d second pretty much all of those recommendations for the Seattle area. Portland, loved Labrewatory, Cascade, Baerlic, Culmination.

But more than any of those in specific, I enjoy just going to a brewery that is new to me and exploring. Both Seattle and Portland have a ton of great places to explore.

I haven’t been to a brewery at all yet, just bars so far. I’ve heard Baerlic was super awesome last time I was down in Portland but didn’t have a chance to check it out. The area of Portland I was in was really cool. I definitely need to go check it out.