Gueuze/Lambic Tasting

Reads 6291 • Replies 49 • Started Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:20:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JohnF
20:37 Thu 1/12/2012

Amy is in.

jtrockchalk
17:45 Sat 1/14/2012

I talked to Bill briefly tonight and made an offer. I’ll be house sitting my dads house in Lenexa this weekend, so if it gets too big for Bill’s house or he’d rather not host I’d be willing to do so of Lenexa works for everyone. Just another option.

Cheers.

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 18:10 Sat 1/14/2012

I would love to attend. I don’t have anything remotely special, though. The only bottle of lambic I own right now is a single 375ml of Gueuze Fond Tradition, which is available nearly everywhere.

I’ll be happy to bring a bunch of Lindemans fruit lambics, though! (haha).

If folks are okay with me bringing whatever I can find around town, let me know, I might have to count myself out, otherwise.

csbosox
beers 1229 º places 13 º 06:18 Sun 1/15/2012

I’d host too, if Bill doesn’t want to.

Gregis
beers 1281 º places 24 º 10:09 Sun 1/15/2012

I’m likely out for this one. That is my son’s birthday, and we’re likely going to be doing a family dinner out.

hwwty4
beers 1 º places 1 º 10:29 Sun 1/15/2012

I still should be able to host, regardless of how many people ome. I got it figured out. Just have to move some furniture around to have it upstairs.

jconrick1
08:04 Mon 1/16/2012

Wow, this is one heck of a tasting. Um, it sounds like I’m going to haveto figure out a way to come in to KC for that weekend. I’m into the sour thing, so I’m sure I could bring a few good bottles....I’ve got a bottle of Deviation, would that work?

I’m sure I can scrounge up a few other sour things. ;-)

Cheers!
Jeff

csbosox
beers 1229 º places 13 º 10:45 Mon 1/16/2012

Originally posted by jconrick1
Wow, this is one heck of a tasting. Um, it sounds like I’m going to haveto figure out a way to come in to KC for that weekend. I’m into the sour thing, so I’m sure I could bring a few good bottles....I’ve got a bottle of Deviation, would that work?

Cheers!
Jeff

I know a place you can stay in KC if you do decide to fly in!

Bobbydigi
places 1 º 15:18 Mon 1/16/2012

Originally posted by jconrick1

Cheers!
Jeff

Make it happen Jeff!

mizzouguy
15:57 Mon 1/16/2012

Hi everyone, I’m a little new to the scene but I’d love to get some regular tasting buddies, and I’d love to expand my sour knowledge. I can bring a bottle of Cantillon Geueze BIO and a bottle of the Kriek BIO. If someone wants to contact me directly that is fine. Cheers!