Hop Cat coming to Bardstown Rd

Reads 504 • Replies 6 • Started Saturday, January 23, 2016 7:29:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

shrubber85
admin
beers 15129 º places 448 º 19:29 Sat 1/23/2016

In case anyone missed it:

http://insiderlouisville.com/business/mbb20150831/

And just down the block from Holy Grale.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 09:09 Sun 1/24/2016

I hope they pull the same thing that they did in Madison by "trying to shut down all the other bars in the area". I’m sure it will go just as well on Bardstown Road as State Street in Madison.

drfabulous
beers 15647 º places 239 º 11:33 Sun 1/24/2016

Originally posted by Brigadier
I hope they pull the same thing that they did in Madison by "trying to shut down all the other bars in the area". I’m sure it will go just as well on Bardstown Road as State Street in Madison.

Interesting...but that hasn’t happened in Lexington where Hop Cat has been since last Fall.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 14:09 Sun 1/24/2016

Originally posted by drfabulous

Interesting...but that hasn’t happened in Lexington where Hop Cat has been since last Fall.

It didn’t work in Madison (as you can easily imagine). I just found it amusing that they would attempt to play the "Us against Them" angle instead of finding their own niche. I’m quite happy to check it out and wish it well. It’s just that the "100+ taps of beer" loses it luster quickly.

On a random note how are the beers brewed at the Lexington location?

drfabulous
beers 15647 º places 239 º 14:17 Sun 1/24/2016

It didn’t work in Madison (as you can easily imagine). I just found it amusing that they would attempt to play the "Us against Them" angle instead of finding their own niche. I’m quite happy to check it out and wish it well. It’s just that the "100+ taps of beer" loses it luster quickly.

Not brewing here but selection is always good with lots of KY beers on

Lots of new stuff over the last year or so; have to wonder when we will reach market saturation...

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 17:17 Sun 1/24/2016

Not brewing here but selection is always good with lots of KY beers on

Thanks. I’ll have to check it out some time whenever I get a chance to loop back through Lexington.