Lefkada, Greece

Reads 2932 • Replies 22 • Started Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:50:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 07:29 Wed 9/13/2017

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 08:35 Wed 9/13/2017

Lots of posts, but only one helpful so far.

<*))))))><

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 14:43 Wed 9/13/2017

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by Christos
I am in Parga right now and except for macro lagers the only other beers I have spotted are Vergina, Corfu and Septem.
If you want more variety, try to order from one of the online beer shops.

Cheers, I have just had a Greek beer from 'Beers of Europe' to take my total for Greece to 38, which puts me = 42th in the 'most ratings list'. Corfu last year pushed my scores up and I was hoping to find a few new ones while on the island of Lefkada this year. Got 11 days to seek them out, I am sure one or two 'rare ones' will turn up if i look hard enough..

<*))))))><

Cool your jets, bud; I'm in 42nd!

Nisse666
beers 15359 º places 374 º 17:29 Wed 9/13/2017

<*))))))><

Hey, yeah I added a few there to the list. Picked them as sailing around the Islands in our boat. Look for liquid shops and Greek local food shops.
Lefkada city was a disappointment- couldn't find anything interesting!
There are a few Greek on-line shops - should be possible to order to your hotel. Have a word with rouhlas, he might help u out.

Cheers // Thomas

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 04:11 Thu 9/14/2017

Originally posted by adamnowek
Originally posted by Christos
I am in Parga right now and except for macro lagers the only other beers I have spotted are Vergina, Corfu and Septem.
If you want more variety, try to order from one of the online beer shops.

Cheers, I have just had a Greek beer from 'Beers of Europe' to take my total for Greece to 38, which puts me = 42th in the 'most ratings list'. Corfu last year pushed my scores up and I was hoping to find a few new ones while on the island of Lefkada this year. Got 11 days to seek them out, I am sure one or two 'rare ones' will turn up if i look hard enough..

<*))))))><

Cool your jets, bud; I'm in 42nd!

Let's see where we end up after our holidays.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 04:14 Thu 9/14/2017

Originally posted by Nisse666

<*))))))><

Hey, yeah I added a few there to the list. Picked them as sailing around the Islands in our boat. Look for liquid shops and Greek local food shops.
Lefkada city was a disappointment- couldn't find anything interesting!
There are a few Greek on-line shops - should be possible to order to your hotel. Have a word with rouhlas, he might help u out.

Cheers // Thomas

I did note you had reviewed two of the three places, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This is not supposed to be a beery holiday but I always try to find new beers wherever we go. The wife would not be too happy if a package full of beers was waiting for me in our room on our arrival. We have a hire car for the 11 days and we intend to see the whole island, I will pop into every likely looking shop and bar we find, if allowed.

<*))))))><

Nisse666
beers 15359 º places 374 º 05:07 Thu 9/14/2017

out.

Cheers // Thomas

I did note you had reviewed two of the three places, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This is not supposed to be a beery holiday but I always try to find new beers wherever we go. The wife would not be too happy if a package full of beers was waiting for me in our room on our arrival. We have a hire car for the 11 days and we intend to see the whole island, I will pop into every likely looking shop and bar we find, if allowed.

<*))))))><

NP - there might be a risk that you have to drink Mythos every day if u don't preorder;)

// Thomas

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 05:16 Thu 9/14/2017

Originally posted by Nisse666
out.

Cheers // Thomas

<*))))))><

NP - there might be a risk that you have to drink Mythos every day if u don't preorder;)

// Thomas

A cheap local wine wins over a Mythos unless it's really hot and sunny.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 11:31 Sat 10/14/2017

Leave the island of Lefkada tomorrow, 21 new hits in a none beer oriented holiday is a good return in my opinion. Plus another one I am taking home to share with friends. 11 lovely days, some decent Greek brews in that 21 rates, plus a Czech Republic dud and an Italian also ran. Greek beers certainly moving in the right direction.

<*))))))><

Nisse666
beers 15359 º places 374 º 12:02 Sat 10/14/2017

Leave the island of Lefkada tomorrow, 21 new hits in a none beer oriented holiday is a good return in my opinion. Plus another one I am taking home to share with friends. 11 lovely days, some decent Greek brews in that 21 rates, plus a Czech Republic dud and an Italian also ran. Greek beers certainly moving in the right direction.

<*))))))><

👍🏼