most horrendous beer stash

Reads 7204 • Replies 102 • Started Saturday, September 23, 2017 4:37:06 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

alovelydrop
beers 70 º places 97 º 04:16 Tue 9/26/2017

I try to keep mine under control, it's perhaps 15 bottles at the moment, about a third of which is Lion Stout.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 06:00 Tue 9/26/2017

People who hoard nerd beer are most likely socially awkward and have borderline personality disorder.

thepatrickman
beers 1503 º places 41 º 06:31 Tue 9/26/2017

I had a super competitive friend in the US that had a basement full of 5 beer shelves, plus a TOWER of 12x 750ml bottle cases. We counted one night that he had 1,200 bottles in the "cellar" and he had no plans to drink them.

Strikes me as a strange combination of competitiveness and a hoarding mentality. It was tough to watch all that good beer go unconsumed!

cgarvieuk
beers 37740 º places 457 º 06:37 Tue 9/26/2017

Originally posted by bytemesis
I am in possession of 1000 bottles of beer at this moment. I have a problem.

what he said

Ibrew2or3
beers 10545 º places 353 º 08:50 Tue 9/26/2017

Currently drinking down the cellar. Some have been absolute gems and others not so much.
Have added no new beer to it in the last year. With tasting season about to start up here I'll likely get the count down to under 30 before it's over.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 09:05 Tue 9/26/2017

Originally posted by rouhlas
Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by TheHOFF43

Good fucking god. I hope you're lying.

He is not.

Flight to SFO booked

Fly into Moffet field and he'll not only greet you with a case of beers you haven't rated yet but he'll give you the tour of the nuclear weapons testing lab and he'll introduce you to the aliens they have locked up there. I heard one of them likes hazy ipas.

rouhlas
admin
beers 5623 º places 348 º 09:10 Tue 9/26/2017

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by rouhlas
Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by TheHOFF43

Good fucking god. I hope you're lying.

He is not.

Flight to SFO booked

Fly into Moffet field and he'll not only greet you with a case of beers you haven't rated yet but he'll give you the tour of the nuclear weapons testing lab and he'll introduce you to the aliens they have locked up there. I heard one of them likes hazy ipas.

IP trade with an alien.. not bad!!

Leighton
beers 33821 º places 1204 º 09:43 Tue 9/26/2017

Way too much. Hundreds easily, maybe upwards of a thousand. Some is here in London, some is in the US. I know it's famous last words, but I am in the process of working through it.

The proliferation of very good beer in the UK (esp. hoppy stuff), has meant I'm not drinking cellar beers very often, instead opting for the fresh juice. But this winter I'll aim to drink more of the old strong stuff.

HenrikSoegaard
beers 20864 º places 692 º 09:43 Tue 9/26/2017

Apr 300 with 150 of them aging. Plus 50 fonefan havent rated untill next weekend when we have a gathering.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 16:01 Tue 9/26/2017

Originally posted by Leighton
Way too much. Hundreds easily, maybe upwards of a thousand. Some is here in London, some is in the US. I know it's famous last words, but I am in the process of working through it.

The proliferation of very good beer in the UK (esp. hoppy stuff), has meant I'm not drinking cellar beers very often, instead opting for the fresh juice. But this winter I'll aim to drink more of the old strong stuff.

I think this is a big part of it for me. I don't have to trade or wait for a seasonal release to get something good from just about any style. I can go to the gas station or grocery store and get decent beer. No need to be drinking 5 year old beer anymore.