Newbie... beer lover from Belgium

Reads 3464 • Replies 30 • Started Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:46:34 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 16:10 Tue 1/26/2016

antwerpen

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 16:33 Tue 1/26/2016

Definitely was "gringo"? Any old movie about the shootout at the OK Corral will have Johnny Ringo in it.

Originally posted by RDBrewery
No brothers only sisters... Btw not a beatles fan, but she saw a cowboy movie with a guy she thought was named, ringo, but in fact is was Gringo LOLLLL

Originally posted by Travlr
Welcome. If you are 35, then your mother because a Beatles fan rather late. I assume you have older brothers named John, Paul, George - and maybe even Stuart?

For a decent selection of American beers near you, try the shop at the Alvinne brewery in Moen, and the one at De Molen in Bodegraven, NL.

Hippoman
beers 645 º places 12 º 20:57 Tue 1/26/2016

Welcome Ringo.

What football (soccer) team do you support?

RDBrewery
beers 3 º 00:26 Wed 1/27/2016

That’s the story she told me. I can’t ask anymore because she is dead :-(

Originally posted by JoeinDahlem
Definitely was "gringo"? Any old movie about the shootout at the OK Corral will have Johnny Ringo in it.

Originally posted by RDBrewery
No brothers only sisters... Btw not a beatles fan, but she saw a cowboy movie with a guy she thought was named, ringo, but in fact is was Gringo LOLLLL

Originally posted by Travlr
Welcome. If you are 35, then your mother because a Beatles fan rather late. I assume you have older brothers named John, Paul, George - and maybe even Stuart?

For a decent selection of American beers near you, try the shop at the Alvinne brewery in Moen, and the one at De Molen in Bodegraven, NL.

RDBrewery
beers 3 º 00:31 Wed 1/27/2016

I support Eendracht Aalst... Too bad because of bad managing they are in money problems and are now playing in 3th division. But still lots of enthusiastic crazy supss. Next weekend away match with more then 2000 sups from Aalst :-)

The week after it’s carnaval match and there will be more then 4000 sups. For third division not bad he. About 20 years ago we played in first division, even played UEFA cup agains AS ROMA and Nevski Sofia :-)

One day we will be back in first division I hope... Oh yeah... Dries Mertens payed for E. Aalst even as DEPOITRE from Aa Gent who plays Champions league now :-) Check our supps out on youtube, we are crazy lol

And you?

Originally posted by Hippoman
Welcome Ringo.

What football (soccer) team do you support?

Hippoman
beers 645 º places 12 º 09:33 Wed 1/27/2016

I can’t say I’ve ever hear of Eendracht Aalst but I hope you manage to climb back up the leagues in the near future.

I’m a Stoke City fan here in England - notable Belgian players we have had include Carl Hoefkens, who was player of the season around ten years ago and Richie De Laet, who now plays for top-of-the league Leicester.

Fourteen years ago we were playing in the third division of English football with around 12,000 fans at each match - now we have finished in the top ten of the Premier League two years running, sell out the 27,000 stadium every match and have enjoyed one European campaign (2011/12 - we lost to Valencia in the last 32 of the Europa League). That was all achieved thanks to good management and sensible/clever financial investment, so there’s hope for Aalst!

SHIG
admin
beers 13075 º places 502 º 11:14 Wed 1/27/2016

Welcome! Loved the time I spent in Belgium. Plenty of great beer and ticks. If you want cheap fresh Orval head to Luxembourg. I believe at Pall Center I used to get six packs for under 5 euro. Also in that area on the Belgium side of the boarder you will find Mi-Orge Mi-Houblon, stop and say hi to Chris he always has American beer a lot I’ve not seen elsewhere. Enjoy RateBeer! Cheers, Shawn

RDBrewery
beers 3 º 12:00 Wed 1/27/2016

Wow ... english competition is not to be compared with belgian... lol 3rd division here is maybe fourth in England. If we would play a third division team in England we would certainly be defeated 6-0 or something LOL...

We have a really old stadium. ... poor management but very good sups.

I’ll send you a mail with some pics

Originally posted by Hippoman
I can’t say I’ve ever hear of Eendracht Aalst but I hope you manage to climb back up the leagues in the near future.

I’m a Stoke City fan here in England - notable Belgian players we have had include Carl Hoefkens, who was player of the season around ten years ago and Richie De Laet, who now plays for top-of-the league Leicester.

Fourteen years ago we were playing in the third division of English football with around 12,000 fans at each match - now we have finished in the top ten of the Premier League two years running, sell out the 27,000 stadium every match and have enjoyed one European campaign (2011/12 - we lost to Valencia in the last 32 of the Europa League). That was all achieved thanks to good management and sensible/clever financial investment, so there’s hope for Aalst!

slowrunner77
beers 19964 º places 499 º 12:32 Wed 1/27/2016

Welcome!
I, too, was thinking of that "other" cowboy movie...
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave."
— Doc Holliday