NYC Feb 5-9

Reads 1551 • Replies 20 • Started Friday, January 27, 2017 1:26:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DSG
beers 25852 º places 162 º 13:26 Fri 1/27/2017

Hi New York RateBeerians!

I’ll be in NYC February 5-9. Would love to meet fellow RBians and hit some good beer places together. Might also have some decent beer to share. If you’re up for a meeting, BeerMail me!

Also, I’d love to hear some recommendations for places.

Cheers,
Barak

jredmond
beers 10321 º places 301 º 15:25 Fri 1/27/2017

Unfortunately will be in Sydney when you’re here - but enjoy! As others will confirm, be sure to download the beermenus app as all the real craft beer bars will typically be updating their menus on a daily basis. Will try to post some recommendations in a bit.

Jow
beers 7364 º places 487 º 15:48 Fri 1/27/2017

What area of town are you staying in and we can give the most convenient recommendations? Lots of places here are worthwhile

MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 23:09 Fri 1/27/2017

I’m up for meeting wherever. Definitely check out BeerMenus. Let us know where you’re staying and we can give you more detailed recommendations.

yespr
beers 55602 º places 43 º 02:45 Sat 1/28/2017

Not to thread hi-jack. I will like at Ginger Man this Sunday from around 3 PM before I head to Princeton. And then off to Toronto Monday night.

/Jesper

DSG
beers 25852 º places 162 º 12:03 Sat 1/28/2017

I’m staying at a hostel in the upper west, but plan to go around the city.

Would love to meet with anyone. I can also bring California and Israel beers to share if anyone wanna share some bottles.

MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 16:24 Sat 1/28/2017

Originally posted by DSG

Would love to meet with anyone. I can also bring California and Israel beers to share if anyone wanna share some bottles.

Sounds good. There’s not too much in the upper west side, though if you feel like you need to drink in that hood, George Keeley’s is probably the best spot. Lots more going on in the 40s and 50s on the west side (As Is, Pony Bar, Beer Culture, Rattle n Hum West).

Just post in here again next weekend or shoot me a BM if you want to meet somewhere for drinks.

DSG
beers 25852 º places 162 º 20:20 Sat 1/28/2017

Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
Originally posted by DSG

Sounds good. There’s not too much in the upper west side, though if you feel like you need to drink in that hood, George Keeley’s is probably the best spot. Lots more going on in the 40s and 50s on the west side (As Is, Pony Bar, Beer Culture, Rattle n Hum West).

Just post in here again next weekend or shoot me a BM if you want to meet somewhere for drinks.

Thanks!

We’ll talk. If a couple more people are up for a share, I can open something quite special I acquired yesterday.

ben4321
beers 11318 º places 628 º 10:21 Mon 1/30/2017

I might be able to meet up as well, depending on the day / time of day / location.

Jow
beers 7364 º places 487 º 15:12 Mon 1/30/2017

Depending on how far up you are on UWS I recommend this place for drafts and to go bottles

https://www.beermenus.com/places/339-broadway-dive

Jow
beers 7364 º places 487 º 08:32 Tue 1/31/2017

Originally posted by MaxxDaddy
[

FYI Pony Bar Hells Kitchen is closing! Last Day open will be the 5th so if you have great need to go that’ll be your only chance. Fun Jow fact I actually have never been to Pony Bar Hells Kitchen.