Ottawa

Reads 443 • Replies 4 • Started Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:53:53 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

omhper
beers 40488 º places 332 º 20:53 Tue 2/14/2017

Hi,

I am visiting Ottawa for the best part of February and March.
It would be great to meet some likeminded people. (if such idiots exist ;-)

Is there anyone visiting the Ottawa Winter Brewfest this weekend?
Anyone that would be interested in a tasting? I did bring a few beers from Sweden.
Anyone who is interested in meeting up for a beer and a chat?

Cheers / Per

pushkinwow
beers 3602 º places 174 º 21:16 Tue 2/14/2017

Welcome! I am sure some other regulars will chime in and I think Lubiere is going to the brewfest.

There are a few of us who get together semi regularly for beers etc. - I am sure we can set something up either for a tasting and/or getting together for some beer out.

I think there are some other threads on here about stuff to do in Ottawa but let us know if you need any recommendations.

Where you going to be staying? And will you have access to car / be planning any road trips while you are here on the weekends?

omhper
beers 40488 º places 332 º 21:29 Tue 2/14/2017

Thanks for a super fast answer!

Already have received good beer recommendations, mainly looking for company - and I will surely not want to drink the beers I brought from Sweden on my own, so looking for takers...

I am staying downtown, have already been for a week+. Have access to car.
My family will arrive on the 27th of february, and with three kids 2½-6 years this will limit beer possibilities somewhat, but with some planning ahead anything is doable. (Probably I need to visit Texas monday-friday for work next week also, so I’ll not be planning anything for that time)

pushkinwow
beers 3602 º places 174 º 08:08 Wed 2/15/2017

How long are you here for? Personally I know anything in February is going to be tough but can try to work something in March...can try to arrange tasting somewhere (would volunteer but in a temporary house during renos that start this week).

omhper
beers 40488 º places 332 º 09:58 Wed 2/15/2017

I’m leaving on March 31st. Can probably host a tasting at my hotel downtown. Probably a friday would be the preferred day of week.