Paris & Amsterdam - some new country ticks there?

Reads 3495 • Replies 19 • Started Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:52:09 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

alanz
01:25 Wed 8/16/2017

Also visited Paris last month. What a lovely city, I’ve never been there before. My friend found first class tickets at https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/city/to-paris-cdg for sale and I decided to take a chance. I found several interesting ethnic stores in Montmartre.

goozen
beers 5372 º places 172 º 10:58 Wed 8/16/2017

Not Amsterdam, but The Hague you can find beers from Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Cameroon and Kenia, maybe Sengal
Africa Product Shops
Spui 231
2511 BP The Hague

Amsterdam Zuid-Oost are some African Shops at shopping areas Ganzehoef and Kraaiennest, i forget the names of the shops but i found there beers from Surinam, Dominican Rep, Nigeria, Ghana and some Asian usual suspects.

minutemat
beers 14700 º places 551 º 11:59 Wed 8/16/2017

Hey Marko, if you find anything In Paris and the store is in a relatively easy to find area id appreciate the heads up, as ill be there in a few weeks myself and theres only so many ethnic shops my partner will have patience with me dipping into. We’ll be around Montmartre as suggested earlier as thats where we met!

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 16:38 Wed 8/16/2017

I just discovered that Priwet Rossia (Vijzelstraat 87 in Amsterdam) has two beers from Armenia, which I reckon is a hard country for many people to track down. Blin (Plantage Kerklaan 30 in Amsterdam) apparently has Belarusian beers from time to time, but they were out the other day. They did have Obolon from Ukraine, though, plus Baltika 1 through 9.

PMgep
beers 337 º places 80 º 09:00 Thu 8/17/2017

Waterkant at Marnixstraat 246 in Amsterdam has Suriname, according to their menu. I’m going to Amsterdam the day before Borefts so I might be looking for some new countries as well.

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 12:38 Thu 8/17/2017

Originally posted by PMgep
Waterkant at Marnixstraat 246 in Amsterdam has Suriname, according to their menu. I’m going to Amsterdam the day before Borefts so I might be looking for some new countries as well.

They have Parbo. Pretty sure they only carry the huge two litre bottles (or however big they are; they’re quite hefty).

minutemat
beers 14700 º places 551 º 11:54 Wed 9/13/2017

Randomly stumbled on an 'Ile de Reunion' shop really close to La Cave a Bulles, only selling products from the island. 3 Reunion ticks for the taking. Still have a few days left in Paris so try my luck with other overseas territories!

MarkoNm
beers 6159 º places 386 º 15:26 Wed 9/13/2017

Supposedly there was French Guiana beer available in the past in one of the Antillaise shops in the Menilmontant metro area. If that helps anyone. And if you should find some, I'd definitely be interested in one ;)

teddybeer
beers 5767 º places 208 º 05:36 Thu 9/14/2017

You've tasted beers from all countries that I found in Paris two years ago: Vietnam, Martinique, Cameroon, Reunion, French Polynesia...
I can't help you :-(