Portland for just Monday 8/21 eve

Reads 406 • Replies 8 • Started Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:29:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

gregwilsonstl
beers 2979 º places 37 º 08:29 Sat 8/19/2017

Ill be in Portland on Monday 8/21 for just the evening.

Ive been to Portland many times, but this time will be different. Im staying in an area I have never been to (Hollywood area), won’t have a car, will have a 4 month old (which is too young for Uber).

I usually spend some time deciding where to go, but have been too distracted, plus i just realized breweries tend to be closed on Mondays.

So: Hollywood District (so walking distance or buses). A Monday. I have a 4 month old. My wife will probably be hungry. Any suggestions? I imagine we’ll go only one or two places.

Bonus points: I tend to love stouts,.

blipp
beers 14895 º places 219 º 10:09 Sat 8/19/2017

If you have a car seat with you you can take an Uber, FYI. We’ve done it with our daughter several times without an issue.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2979 º places 37 º 10:42 Sat 8/19/2017

Originally posted by blipp
If you have a car seat with you you can take an Uber, FYI. We’ve done it with our daughter several times without an issue.

Good idea, but Uber wont be an option. We wont have a car seat, and they only supply car seats to kids older then ours. We’re good for walking a few miles, public transportation, and we may have a truck (w a car seat) around the end of the eve.

A better way to word things is, What are the top 2 or 3 places to stop for some beers (preferably w a few porters/stouts) that are open on a Monday evening, and easy to get to from the Hollywood area? Food would be nice, but not necessary.

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 13:53 Sun 8/20/2017

Reach out to douglas88 - he’s got Portland on lockdown.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2979 º places 37 º 14:29 Sun 8/20/2017

Oh yea, Douglas! Ive traded with him, and he was great! Ill reach out to him. If anyone else sees this thread, please weigh in with any ideas.

mdg164
14:33 Sun 8/20/2017

Eclipsers?

Just got back from Portland, not much good in that area of town. Hair of the Dog is your best bet. The Rouge over that way had Pliny on tap last week.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2979 º places 37 º 14:37 Sun 8/20/2017

ha, I searched Eclipsers thinking it was a bar. The eclipse is going right through St Louis (where I am from), and we are boarding our plane during the eclipse, so I certainly wont see the eclipse. Im just heading to Tillamook to see my brother (who brews for Pelican)

Greg

douglas88
admin
beers 13219 º places 398 º 01:28 Mon 8/21/2017

BM sent

mdg164
07:57 Tue 8/22/2017

Originally posted by gregwilsonstl
ha, I searched Eclipsers thinking it was a bar. The eclipse is going right through St Louis (where I am from), and we are boarding our plane during the eclipse, so I certainly wont see the eclipse. Im just heading to Tillamook to see my brother (who brews for Pelican)

Greg

Pelican was surprisingly good, I also hit a decent place next to an air museum in tillamook! :-)