RBESG 2015: Voting now open

Reads 5118 • Replies 32 • Started Tuesday, May 5, 2015 4:48:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Leighton
beers 33826 º places 1204 º 04:48 Tue 5/5/2015

Hi team.

We have received two proposals for RBESG, so we will put it to a vote. As noted previously, voting will be open until the end of 12 May 2015. Please submit your vote via beermail, addressing it to both chriso and leighton.

Here are the proposals (please click on the links to view the full proposals):

Gothenburg:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xMeIjIQPvfKEEQ_0bcT5d4vDcc3xJT8iUlDkfb9XN30/edit?usp=sharing

Copenhagen / Malmö:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10BeZwW4EoL5QtIH8MEE7FBHNQlmRdjYDbVdClexpocU/edit?usp=sharing

While it probably goes without saying, you may only vote once, so please no attempts to circumvent that rule. Additionally, in good faith we ask that you only vote if you intend to participate in the RBESG that receives your vote. We want attendance to be as high as possible, and attempts to game the voting system could lead to a less well attended event.

Thanks very much to the RBians who submitted proposals. They both look good and I’m confident that regardless of the winning location, the RBESG will be great fun.

Cheers.

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 05:52 Tue 5/5/2015

Damn! Both are solid proposals!

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 06:36 Tue 5/5/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
Hi team.

We have received two proposals for RBESG, so we will put it to a vote. As noted previously, voting will be open until the end of 12 May 2015. Please submit your vote via beermail, addressing it to both chriso and leighton.

Here are the proposals (please click on the links to view the full proposals):

Gothenburg:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xMeIjIQPvfKEEQ_0bcT5d4vDcc3xJT8iUlDkfb9XN30/edit?usp=sharing

Copenhagen / Malmö:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10BeZwW4EoL5QtIH8MEE7FBHNQlmRdjYDbVdClexpocU/edit?usp=sharing

While it probably goes without saying, you may only vote once, so please no attempts to circumvent that rule. Additionally, in good faith we ask that you only vote if you intend to participate in the RBESG that receives your vote. We want attendance to be as high as possible, and attempts to game the voting system could lead to a less well attended event.

Thanks very much to the RBians who submitted proposals. They both look good and I’m confident that regardless of the winning location, the RBESG will be great fun.

Cheers.

Good work Leighton

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 06:48 Tue 5/5/2015

Originally posted by Martinus
Damn! Both are solid proposals!

agreed. I read Copenhagen first and thought, yes! the I read Gothenburg and was equally excited.
Going to see if I can swing this, it is the weekend before I go to Oregon for a month...

axl
beers 1205 º 12:59 Tue 5/5/2015

Wow! I was grumpily thinking to myself that I wouldn’t be able to make it because of finincial constraints and suddenly there are two options right in my neighbourhood. Really hope I can actually make it now!

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 01:58 Wed 5/6/2015

Superb proposals, credits to both. The dates unfortunately are making it nearly impossible for me to attend :( On the other hand, I couldn’t make a choice anyway.

Originally posted by Benzai
Superb proposals, credits to both. The dates unfortunately are making it nearly impossible for me to attend :( On the other hand, I couldn’t make a choice anyway.

Ditto.

Have a great time without me, where ever you choose.

<*))))))><

Marduk
beers 22227 º places 998 º 02:37 Wed 5/6/2015

Huh, 2 solid proposals. Copenhagen/Malmö looks like a real battle between throat and bladder, while Gothenburg is more like nice hoppy farts in the morning. Both are good.

Since money doesn’t grow on trees (quite opposite what my government seems to think) can you guises please give us some information about prices.
Beer- average prices in shops (macros/micros), pubs, sampler plates etc.
Food- from average street food to proper pub meals + junk (’cause once one is drunk...)
Accommodation- Hostels to hotels.
Local transport- I once thought that walking from house nr 50 to 100 is "just around the corner". It was in Moscow. Bad plan was bad.

I think that covers pretty much everything one needs to calculate approx budget for the event.

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 02:56 Wed 5/6/2015

For Gothenburg

All prises in "kr" (SEK), where €1 = 9.80 kr / $1US = 8.90 kr

Local transportation 72 hours
170 kr

Price at Systembolaget (monopoly alcohol store)
Macro lager 50 cl can
12-14 kr
Micro IPA (Swedish), 33 cl
25-30 kr
Micro IPA (US), 355 ml
23-30 kr

Smaller pour available at many bars as a "Gallop", 17-20 cl
35-45 kr

Normal serving of a micro beer at a bar, 40 cl
60-90 kr

Sampler plates are very rare in this city

Food at a bar
100-250 kr

Junk food
50-70 kr

Hostel/hotel, 1 person (including dorms) per night, when looking at cheaper options
200-800 kr

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 05:36 Wed 5/6/2015

Its kinda funny when auto correction on my iPhone wants to change chriso to Christ...

blomster
beers 294 º places 7 º 11:57 Wed 5/6/2015

Happy to go to both places, but Gothenburg gets my vote.