Regularly Scheduled Brewery Visits

Reads 1946 • Replies 21 • Started Monday, October 24, 2016 7:50:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 20:23 Wed 11/2/2016

Eugene, I have no idea but suspect some will be. There is a new one in. Waterloo, IL that is doing some barrel aged stuff that day. I haven’t been there yet. Stubburn German, I think it is.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 20:24 Wed 11/2/2016

John, what is PaPPOs? Never heard of it. So obviously I have not been there.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 05:47 Thu 11/3/2016

It is where Six Row used to be on Forest Park Parkway.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 05:47 Thu 11/3/2016

I’d think there would be some places open on Black Friday. While not a brewpub iTap always has special tappings. Not sure what’s going on for me then, but I might be up for going to some brewpubs.

beastiefan2k
beers 5014 º places 294 º 22:48 Fri 11/4/2016

well, if anyone wants to hit something up on Black Friday send me a message around that time.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 11:03 Sun 11/6/2016

Vyvvy I would definitely be up for a stop at Pappos. However, I would need to arrive earlier, probably by 6 PM. Perhaps we can get a few others and have some overlap in the times.

Pappos is a place I have not visited and would like to stop in. Going to such breweries is half of the reason for starting this thread. The other half being to meet up with other RateBeer people.

Is anybody else in for stopping at PaPPos on Thursday, Nov. 10?

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 07:49 Thu 11/10/2016

Wanted to bump this up to remind folks that we will be meeting at PaPPo’s tonight at 6. At this point i think it’s just Dave and me. Would love to see other join if they can.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 16:30 Thu 11/10/2016

John, while we are there we need to discuss the next visit. Beastiefan will be in town over Thanksgiving. We are discussing a trip to Waterloo’s Stubborn German Brewery on Black Friday. I have no idea what time that might happen but it is a brewery most of us have not been to.

Dave

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 11:16 Fri 11/11/2016

A small group last night, but a nice time. Definitely think PaPPo’s is at least worth giving a try. Had 13 of their own beers on tap, plus a nitro version of one as well. Got to sample eight and will probably go by shortly to try the rest they had on.

Dave - this is a great idea you had. Think it would be good to get the next one set up soon so the idea doesn’t get forgotten.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 16:53 Fri 11/11/2016

John, it was good to see you yesterday. I also want to get back to have the remaining beers. It was encouraging that so many of their beers had to be added into RateBeer. That indicates they brew smaller batches and change them up.

Having gone to the one brewery, I like the idea even more. It was a place I would not have gone to and having another beer guy there, too, was a huge bonus. Thanks for rescheduling things to be able to make it.

I will work on the next visit. It was already mentioned about Stubborn German Brewing in Waterloo, IL on Black Friday, 11/25 but will work on another to do in December. That one will be during the week due to so many Christmas parties. I am thinking about Standard Brewing. It is a place that is new to me. Would anyone else consider this as a worthwhile stop?