Saveur-Biere UK site

Reads 5428 • Replies 17 • Started Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:19:50 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

minutemat
beers 14700 º places 551 º 08:08 Wed 12/7/2016

Ive had nothing but great service from Saveur Biere in the past. However now that they have sold out to AB Inbev, and after the infamous downfall of Beerhawk, im not surprised things are starting to change. Id prefer to spend my money elsewhere than support ABInbev

EdKing
beers 3663 º places 307 º 14:44 Wed 12/7/2016

The French do a lot of things really well. Customer Service is so often utterly shit.

If they can’t take orders from the UK they should temporarily take down the UK site or at least put a friggin’ message up.

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 738 º 15:21 Wed 12/7/2016

Originally posted by minutemat
Ive had nothing but great service from Saveur Biere in the past. However now that they have sold out to AB Inbev, and after the infamous downfall of Beerhawk, im not surprised things are starting to change. Id prefer to spend my money elsewhere than support ABInbev

Didn’t know they belong AB Inbev now... Still, they are one of the best web order sites in EU, and I don’t know any other site who ships outside France and has as good Canadian selection as Saveur-Bier

minutemat
beers 14700 º places 551 º 07:33 Thu 12/8/2016

Yep, last February apparently. Kept it very quiet. They have always had a great range with very good packaging. However after ABi took control suddenly all their beers started to gain more prominence on the front page (leffe, karmeliet etc..) with enlarged features etc.. customer service started to get worse, and now they refuse to post to the UK, instead passing UK customers on to Beerhawk, which many beer drinkers seem to be boycotting due to appalling customer service.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 12:42 Thu 12/8/2016

Originally posted by minutemat
instead passing UK customers on to Beerhawk, which many beer drinkers seem to be boycotting due to appalling customer service.

I have to say, they are the worst company (and i dont just mean beer) I have ever dealt with. Shocking.

EdKing
beers 3663 º places 307 º 14:28 Thu 12/15/2016

The only reason to use it is they have a great range of beers. Beer Hawk’s range is a bit shit.

JayBaxter
beers 406 º places 8 º 14:31 Fri 12/16/2016

Ordered from them several times (including big orders for work) and everything has been fantastic but things seem to have gone awry over the Christmas period.
My wife ordered and paid in full for the advent calendar "beery Christmas" on the 7th September and received a message saying they were being shipped early November.

When we had not received it by 1st December we contacted them, they said it had been shipped 25th November, after a further week of emails to them with no answer they finally replied to say it had been returned to them? they would send out a replacement and issue a refund.

Refund was issued 4 days later (minus postage) but now a further 11 days later and the calendar still hasn’t arrived so more emails to them yesterday for them to say they have a tracking number but it’s showing a blank page.

They have said they will send out box number 3 and will provide a tracking number so we can track the parcel....they haven’t yet.

NOT HAPPY!