site problem - internal server error while uploading ratings

Reads 6690 • Replies 64 • Started Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:20:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Garrold
beers 10695 º places 149 º 16:46 Wed 9/27/2017

Originally posted by Bill Becker
I just uploaded a pic.

Wow! Not been able to do that for weeks!

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 17:53 Wed 9/27/2017

Originally posted by Garrold
I just uploaded a pic.

I added and rated Whiskey Barrel Aged Lugene and, lol, pic upload failed. Timing seems to be critical.

And pic submitted.!

gregwilsonstl
beers 2979 º places 37 º 19:06 Wed 9/27/2017

Im waiting for the post that says, "dear .01% of ratebeer members that rates beers, please submit your ratings through feedback"

SilkTork
beers 7752 º places 111 º 19:37 Wed 9/27/2017

Originally posted by Lowenbrau
Is it me the only one who feels that since ZX Ventures - AB Inbev entered RB issues are more and more frequent? I´m getting tired of being logged out, not being able to rate, to upload pics, etc....

I suspect a lot of folks feel the same way, but RateBeer has always had problems, and the problems today are not as severe as problems that the site had in the past .We would often lose RateBeer for days or weeks at a time. The difference between today and back then is the community spirit. Back then folks would offer Joe money to keep the site going. Today folks talk about leaving. I suppose people feel a certain distance with the commercial investment from ZX. But, be that as it may, I've tried other sites, and RateBeer is the one I like, so I'm prepared to keep on putting up with the problems.

SilkTork
beers 7752 º places 111 º 19:41 Wed 9/27/2017

I just uploaded a pic.

I gave up on uploading pics a couple of years ago. They would just go into a void, and I'd never see them.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 19:49 Wed 9/27/2017

Originally posted by SilkTork
I just uploaded a pic.

I gave up on uploading pics a couple of years ago. They would just go into a void, and I'd never see them.

I'm hitting this one, pic uploads, tomorrow.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 02:58 Thu 9/28/2017

Is it me the only one who feels that since ZX Ventures - AB Inbev entered RB issues are more and more frequent? I´m getting tired of being logged out, not being able to rate, to upload pics, etc....

I suspect a lot of folks feel the same way, but RateBeer has always had problems, and the problems today are not as severe as problems that the site had in the past .We would often lose RateBeer for days or weeks at a time. The difference between today and back then is the community spirit. Back then folks would offer Joe money to keep the site going. Today folks talk about leaving. I suppose people feel a certain distance with the commercial investment from ZX. But, be that as it may, I've tried other sites, and RateBeer is the one I like, so I'm prepared to keep on putting up with the problems.

I agree

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 02:59 Thu 9/28/2017

Well, ofcourse problems happen! But there seems to be money being thrown at an app that still doesn't work, and even worse, the app meeses up the website. Proper testing and taking the time to do things right could probably have made the whole process of introducing a new app gone more smoothly. I really hope the current problems can be fixed soon, but it's probably a pretty deep hole we're in...

sloth
beers 3475 º places 102 º 07:28 Thu 9/28/2017

Originally posted by joet
I just uploaded a pic.

I'm hitting this one, pic uploads, tomorrow.

Last 3 or 4 pic uploads iv,e done have worked for me.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 07:43 Thu 9/28/2017

I still haven't gotten to the pic uploads. They are just working better for now. I just got up. Set up another optimization test. I was not able to sleep well. Will probably nap later. Off to cofe and walk the puppy father duties... Will return.