Supermarket Sweep Again

Reads 10732 • Replies 84 • Started Friday, August 25, 2017 12:18:01 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Fin
beers 17307 º places 1653 º 03:58 Tue 10/10/2017

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by imdownthepub
Visited my local Morrisons today, they did have most of them available so I picked up 8 of them, all I could carry the 2 miles home as they are all heavy 500ml bottles.
Just be aware that it took me 20 minutes to find them as they were not with the other beers but had their own end of shelf display and no-one seemed to know anything about them.

Thanks for the gen, Glen

I presume that would have been the Morrisons in Banbury then? I was in there on Sunday and they must have been well hidden as I completely missed them and I was looking for them, grrrr... I never bothered asking for staff as my request to one of them re looking for Apricots, couldn't have been met with a more perplexed reply if I'd have gone and asked for a pound of Moon Dust.

harrisoni
beers 25414 º places 68 º 04:12 Tue 10/10/2017

These beers are listed as New on the Morrisons website

Badger Union Joker (ABV 4.4%) 500ml £1.50
Belhaven Quercus (ABV 4.7%) 500ml £1.50
Black Sheep Chocolate Orange Stout. (ABV 6.1%) 500ml £1.50
Brains Coopers Reserve (ABV 6%) 500ml £1.50
Greene King Black Ipa 500ml £1.50
Greene King Mocha Stout (ABV 4.5%) 500ml £1.50
Little Valley Organic Valley Saison (ABV 4.5%) 500ml £1.50
Motorhead Road Crew American Pale Ale 330ml £1.30
Oakham Ales American Pale Ale (ABV 4.2%) 500ml £1.50
Oakham Ales Green Kiwi Gold (ABV 4.2%) 500ml £1.50
Otter Devon Pale Ale (ABV 4.9%) 500ml £1.50
St Peters Citrus Beer (ABV 4.7%) 500ml £1.50
St Peters Plum Porter (ABV 5%) 500ml £1.50
The Great Yorkshire Brewery Yorkshire Golden (ABV 4.0%) 500ml £1.50
Wold Top Totally British Pale Ale 4.2% 500ml £1.50

harrisoni
beers 25414 º places 68 º 04:16 Tue 10/10/2017

These beers are listed as New on the Morrisons website

Badger Union Joker (ABV 4.4%) 500ml £1.50
Belhaven Quercus (ABV 4.7%) 500ml £1.50
Black Sheep Chocolate Orange Stout. (ABV 6.1%) 500ml £1.50
Brains Coopers Reserve (ABV 6%) 500ml £1.50
Greene King Black Ipa 500ml £1.50
Greene King Mocha Stout (ABV 4.5%) 500ml £1.50
Little Valley Organic Valley Saison (ABV 4.5%) 500ml £1.50
Motorhead Road Crew American Pale Ale 330ml £1.30
Oakham Ales American Pale Ale (ABV 4.2%) 500ml £1.50
Oakham Ales Green Kiwi Gold (ABV 4.2%) 500ml £1.50
Otter Devon Pale Ale (ABV 4.9%) 500ml £1.50
St Peters Citrus Beer (ABV 4.7%) 500ml £1.50
St Peters Plum Porter (ABV 5%) 500ml £1.50
The Great Yorkshire Brewery Yorkshire Golden (ABV 4.0%) 500ml £1.50
Wold Top Totally British Pale Ale 4.2% 500ml £1.50

All rates for me

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 04:29 Tue 10/10/2017

The little valley beer is an alias for another of their beers which an admin as kindly sorted for me.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 04:30 Tue 10/10/2017

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
The little valley beer is an alias for another of their beers which an admin as kindly sorted for me.
Roberto ¿

imdownthepub
beers 26220 º places 2123 º 04:35 Tue 10/10/2017

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

Sorry about that!

imdownthepub
beers 26220 º places 2123 º 04:43 Tue 10/10/2017

Originally posted by Fin
Originally posted by imdownthepub
Visited my local Morrisons today, they did have most of them available so I picked up 8 of them, all I could carry the 2 miles home as they are all heavy 500ml bottles.
Just be aware that it took me 20 minutes to find them as they were not with the other beers but had their own end of shelf display and no-one seemed to know anything about them.

Thanks for the gen, Glen

I presume that would have been the Morrisons in Banbury then? I was in there on Sunday and they must have been well hidden as I completely missed them and I was looking for them, grrrr... I never bothered asking for staff as my request to one of them re looking for Apricots, couldn't have been met with a more perplexed reply if I'd have gone and asked for a pound of Moon Dust.

Yes it was the Banbury branch, I asked some oik that was re-filling the alcohol shelves after I had spent a considerable time searching through the beers. I asked where were the Beer Festival Special beers that had recently arrived, I had obviously found the Banbury Branch of Zombies from the living dead. I only found them when I decided to go to the check out and there they were, so I discarded the few risky beers I had picked up (no phone signal or wifi) and grabbed my top 8 choices.

alovelydrop
beers 70 º places 97 º 06:33 Tue 10/10/2017

Originally posted by LazyPyro
Those of you wondering about the Fuller's and Friends collabs, you won't find them yet so don't bother making a special trip to Waitrose just yet. They're currently being brewed/bottled and will be on the shelves in early November according to one of Fuller's social media type person thingy on Facebook.

November 13th I read. Looking forward to these although I did tweet Cloudwater about their brew - a NEIPA that has been brewed and bottled already and won't surface for another month....didn't get a reply though!

LazyPyro
beers 8235 º places 63 º 08:52 Tue 10/10/2017

Originally posted by alovelydrop
Those of you wondering about the Fuller's and Friends collabs, you won't find them yet so don't bother making a special trip to Waitrose just yet. They're currently being brewed/bottled and will be on the shelves in early November according to one of Fuller's social media type person thingy on Facebook.

November 13th I read. Looking forward to these although I did tweet Cloudwater about their brew - a NEIPA that has been brewed and bottled already and won't surface for another month....didn't get a reply though!

Heh, I raised precisely the same issue (though with the Fuller's rep, not Cloudwater) which is how the discussion of release dates even came about. But yes it unfortunately appears that the Cloudwater one specifically (and I would presume all the others as well) will be sitting around in warehouses or whatever for at least a month in who knows what conditions before it even reaches supermarket shelves which themselves aren't ideal either. Bit of a shame but it sounds like quite a logistical issue to organise the brewing and release of 6 different beers plus bottling plus packaging plus distro.

But yeah either way I'm really looking forward to them, sounds like most people are and it makes me wonder how much is being brewed and how long stocks will last.

alovelydrop
beers 70 º places 97 º 09:41 Tue 10/10/2017

Originally posted by alovelydrop

Heh, I raised precisely the same issue (though with the Fuller's rep, not Cloudwater) which is how the discussion of release dates even came about. But yes it unfortunately appears that the Cloudwater one specifically (and I would presume all the others as well) will be sitting around in warehouses or whatever for at least a month in who knows what conditions before it even reaches supermarket shelves which themselves aren't ideal either. Bit of a shame but it sounds like quite a logistical issue to organise the brewing and release of 6 different beers plus bottling plus packaging plus distro.

But yeah either way I'm really looking forward to them, sounds like most people are and it makes me wonder how much is being brewed and how long stocks will last.

Indeed, logistically it makes sense but I just wondered how CW squared it with their whole 'drink fresh' ethos. Presumably they think the exposure is worth it, hopefully the beer holds up well enough to do them justice.