Ten10 Brewing

Reads 816 • Replies 10 • Started Thursday, May 7, 2015 6:31:42 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 18:31 Thu 5/7/2015

Anyone have any info on these guys? Are they just a brand using the brewing system at Redlight?

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 19:11 Thu 5/7/2015

Should be opening soon. But, they thought they would be open by last October. Held up by all kinds of permitting issues.
The owner/brewer has been a longtime friend of a lot of our Orlando crew, working for distributors and was Terrapin’s rep here. He is good friends with the owner of Redlight and I know they’ve been brewing batches together.
I hope they can get everything done soon. It should be a great addition and I know he wasn’t planning on this long of a wait so money has to be tight by now.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 19:15 Thu 5/7/2015

Mike still gonna be brewing there?!?!? I’ll need to schedule a trip over there when they open.

jcwattsrugger
beers 13464 º places 3 º 19:50 Thu 5/7/2015

Originally posted by Homer321
Mike still gonna be brewing there?!?!? I’ll need to schedule a trip over there when they open.

Yes.

cheers, john

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 03:40 Fri 5/8/2015

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

jonboy32818
beers 30 º places 8 º 09:44 Fri 5/8/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Should be opening soon. But, they thought they would be open by last October. Held up by all kinds of permitting issues.
The owner/brewer has been a longtime friend of a lot of our Orlando crew, working for distributors and was Terrapin’s rep here. He is good friends with the owner of Redlight and I know they’ve been brewing batches together.
I hope they can get everything done soon. It should be a great addition and I know he wasn’t planning on this long of a wait so money has to be tight by now.

Are you talking about Mike? I haven’t seen him in ages.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 12:45 Fri 5/8/2015

I’m not entirely sure if Mike got some other people to help him out financially, but (as far as I know) Ten 10 is all him. I know it has been tough with all the political hoops he has had to jump through.

I’m really hoping he gets going soon. I know he has his brewing equipment set up, and has a lot of the tasting area set up. I’m not really sure what the hold up is now, besides needing to brew batches on his system.

The stuff he has been brewing with Brent at Redlight has been pretty damn good so far. I really liked the Smoked IPA (Smoked Pale Ale/Smoked Session IPA) or whatever they were calling it.

jcwattsrugger
beers 13464 º places 3 º 15:07 Fri 5/8/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I’m not entirely sure if Mike got some other people to help him out financially, but (as far as I know) Ten 10 is all him. I know it has been tough with all the political hoops he has had to jump through.

I’m really hoping he gets going soon. I know he has his brewing equipment set up, and has a lot of the tasting area set up. I’m not really sure what the hold up is now, besides needing to brew batches on his system.

The stuff he has been brewing with Brent at Redlight has been pretty damn good so far. I really liked the Smoked IPA (Smoked Pale Ale/Smoked Session IPA) or whatever they were calling it.

He has a partner, but Mike is the main guy as I have seen it. Yep, I have had 2 of the collabs, both solid.

cheers, john

redlight
beers 2318 º places 50 º 17:32 Wed 5/13/2015

yea Mike’s got a partner, Patrick. He’s a good guy. Mike will be running the brewing though, that parts all him. We’ve been doing test batches with him while they’ve been waiting but I think things are finally falling together. Last I spoke to him (about a week now) he was going to be able to start filling tanks soon. I thought we had it bad trying to open the current RL space but he’s had it worse! Can’t wait for them to get open!

redlight
beers 2318 º places 50 º 21:07 Tue 7/21/2015

They opened tonight!

beers are solid

jcwattsrugger
beers 13464 º places 3 º 13:40 Wed 7/22/2015

Originally posted by redlight
They opened tonight!

beers are solid

+1

cheers, john