theme Parks

Reads 603 • Replies 5 • Started Thursday, September 3, 2015 7:48:10 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 07:48 Thu 9/3/2015

Last trip, i did the Two Universals + wet n Wild . Doing this again would cost me £148

Doing the full Disney set Would cost £308

and the Lot £439

Now i know we loved universal (not a rolercoaster fan but all the rest) and kids loved WnW most
Fancy it again as new harry potter stuff.

But is disney worth it, is it much different, is it as appealing to adults (im not really a disney fan overal)

any comment suggestions welcome. Though i may just ignore all advice in end

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 08:55 Thu 9/3/2015

WnW is closing at the end of the year, I believe. You might want to check on that. Blizzard Beach, on Disney property, is a great waterpark, though.

Disney is great at what they do. They are the best in the world for a reason. A lot of the rides are old fashioned, though, and might be boring for some kids. I would certainly say it isn’t as exciting as the rides at Universal, but there is great stuff there. Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom are the best parks, I think.

It is expensive, and keeps getting worse. All you damn Europeans with your damn exchange rate!!!

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 09:38 Thu 9/3/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
WnW is closing at the end of the year, I believe. You might want to check on that. Blizzard Beach, on Disney property, is a great waterpark, though.

Disney is great at what they do. They are the best in the world for a reason. A lot of the rides are old fashioned, though, and might be boring for some kids. I would certainly say it isn’t as exciting as the rides at Universal, but there is great stuff there. Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom are the best parks, I think.

It is expensive, and keeps getting worse. All you damn Europeans with your damn exchange rate!!!

WnW end of 2016

Rides at universal were awsome, i was amazed how much i loved it.
I just dont get the feeling i should do Disney. So would need persuaded

I do hope to maybe do one day at one of the their water parks. If there Water park only tickets
Cant see that info from UK as it always redirects me to the UK only price page. bah

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 04:57 Mon 9/7/2015

actually if anyone can grab me price info for Disney Water Park single day access that would be great. If i try look from the UK i get sent to the UK only package info, where they only offer full access for 7,14, or 21 days

SHIG
admin
beers 13113 º places 502 º 11:04 Mon 9/7/2015

Craig it looks like 1 day water park for adult is $58 for 10 up and $50 for kids 3 up. I’m involved in Disney’s time share program which makes it better than Universal for me. Then again my wife plans the whole trip, which means I never know how much money I am blowing. Also military ticketing/Florida rate tickets are way more reasonable than what a bloke from Scotland will get. :)

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 05:00 Tue 9/8/2015

Originally posted by SHIG
Craig it looks like 1 day water park for adult is $58 for 10 up and $50 for kids 3 up. I’m involved in Disney’s time share program which makes it better than Universal for me. Then again my wife plans the whole trip, which means I never know how much money I am blowing. Also military ticketing/Florida rate tickets are way more reasonable than what a bloke from Scotland will get. :)

Cool. I migth be prepared to blow $216(~£140) on a one day ticket on top of Universal to do 1 day at a disney water park but full access to 2 weeks of Universal and WnW is only £148 so it seems hard to justify.

so i suspect the choice is Universal or Disney but Disney is twice the price and i know i will enjoy Universal again, where as Disney is much more an unknown

and yeah ive seen the Military gets a much better deal. If the prices were closer it would be a much easier choice.

I suspect the better idea is Universal this time and come back in 2 or so years for the Disney Starwars stuff :-D

But huge thanks for info.