Upcoming Northern Ohio Breweries

Reads 741 • Replies 6 • Started Monday, December 7, 2015 3:41:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
admin
beers 16588 º places 798 º 15:41 Mon 12/7/2015

Old threads lock after 6 months, so here’s an updated list for Cleveland and northern Ohio (note: these include my notes, which are intentionally brief, and accurate to the best of my ability):

Goldhorn Brewery - Cleveland - Some contact info available. Probably opening in December, could be around New Year’s.
Sibling Revelry Brewing - Westlake - Some contact info available. Build-out is underway, brewhouse installed. Test batches underway. Opening date TBA.
Numbers Brewing Company - Lisbon - Some contact info available. Build-out is mostly complete. Licensing is complete and brewing has begun. Opening date TBA.
Ferndock Brewing Company - Sandusky - Some contact info available. Operations will begin in March 2016 in back of Leaky Roof restaurant. Full production brewery will open nearby within a year after that.
BottleHouse Brewery - Lakewood - Second facility underway; 24-tap Tap House in former Sullivan’s Irish Pub location. Opening date TBA.
Hansa Haus Brewery - Cleveland - Some contact info available. Currently a beer/import store is open, with a brewery and restaurant coming soon. No timeline.
Amusement Ales Brewing - Sandusky - Site chosen, article available. No timeline.
Waterloo Brew - Cleveland - Opened as bar and restaurant, plans for brewery. Temporarily closed due to liquor permit issues. Rights to brewery were sold to Packey Malley; no timeline or word on his plans.

Here are my notes on this place - anyone know whether they’re operating yet?
Lake Erie Island Microbrewery - Middle Bass - 1233 Fox Road, Middle Bass (St. Hazards Resort). 419-285-6121. Last time I called, they expected to have LEI brewing in 2015. No indication yet.

Plenty more breweries in the area are seeking licenses, funding, sites, etc., but I’ll hold off on those for now. Please post here if you’re aware of any others in development, or any updates on the above.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 21:50 Fri 12/18/2015

Any new developments in the no mans land that is Ashtabula, Geauga, and Trumball counties? The stretch between Cleveland and Erie seems ripe for some expansion beyond Willoughby, Cellar Rats, and a couple of so-so brewpubs on the way to Pittsburgh.

jsquire
beers 7002 º places 321 º 16:33 Sat 12/19/2015

I think Bowling Green Beer Works is open. Is that Northern Ohio?

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 14:18 Fri 3/4/2016

Here’s another one although I don’t know how optimistic the timetable for being ready "next month" (April 2016) is.

http://www.thejollyscholar.com/#!the_brewery/c1pwt
http://observer.case.edu/jolly-scholar-11th-anniversary/

I’ll probably give it a shot despite my doubts about having students doing the brewing. Who knows? In the worst case scenario it will give anyone traveling to Cleveland an easy way to get some ticks without having to rely on a car.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16588 º places 798 º 14:46 Fri 3/4/2016

Well, since a total of 0 breweries in the history of the world have opened by their original target date, I’d put their odds at "pretty long" - but I like the ambition.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16588 º places 798 º 14:48 Fri 3/4/2016

Originally posted by jsquire
I think Bowling Green Beer Works is open. Is that Northern Ohio?

You know the answer, but for the rest - yes: http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/bowling-green-beer-works/25584/

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 20:50 Sun 3/6/2016

Originally posted by phaleslu
Well, since a total of 0 breweries in the history of the world have opened by their original target date, I’d put their odds at "pretty long" - but I like the ambition.

In following up with the writer for the Plain Dealer I’d have to agree.

In other news Trailhead has shuttered its doors some time ago. I’m not sure if the database has been updated yet to reflect that or the fact someone is brewing next door. I’d have to drive down there to get the name; it didn’t stick with me yesterday afternoon. it wasn’t HiHo ( http://www.cleveland.com/drinks/index.ssf/2016/02/hiho_brewing_aims_to_open_this.html).