Visiting Spain

Reads 446 • Replies 5 • Started Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:18:40 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 14:18 Thu 2/9/2017

I am travelling to Barcelona, Granada and the Basque region for the month of March 2017. If anyone would like to meetup, trade or has some advice that would be very helpful. My itinerary has me in Barcelona for 5 days, Grenada for 3 days, Barcelona again and then off to San Sebastian and the countryside to drink cider.

If there is a bit of a tasting group floating around, would be happy to bring some beers for a tasting.

Cheers

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 15:14 Thu 2/9/2017

Hi,
I’m from Barcelona. There is no RB tasting group here, but I’ll gladly meet you and share a few beers and/or trade some beers.
Also, there is the Barcelona Beer Festival from March 24th to 26th, it will be a good place to taste local beers.
If you need any hep with bars/places to visit, don’t hesitate to ask.

Lowenbrau
beers 5872 º places 433 º 08:34 Fri 2/10/2017

Hi,
Just a comment: If your plan is visiting the Basque Country only because of the cider, i think you should consider Asturias instead. As i said lots of times, Basques are doing so well in marketing, selling their products abroad, but truth is that around 90% of cider production in Spain takes place in Asturias, as well as cider consumption. No other area in the world is so proud about their national beverage. Also is true that basque cider mills did learn a lot from Asturian ones few decades ago, when basque cider was in risk of dissapearing.
In Asturias if you order a cider you get a 70cl bottle. In the Basque Country you get a glass...

Sorry about being so incisive with this issue, but i love cider (both basque and asturian), and i feel like Asturian cider is not recognised at all.

If you want some advice on this just let me know.

Cheers,
David

PD: there´s only one active RB tasting group in Spain....yes, in Asturias.

MaxxDaddy
beers 415 º places 32 º 21:13 Fri 2/10/2017

David convinced my wife and I to stop in Asturias when we were there last February and it was easily one of the highlights of our trip. It’s a great cider scene out there, for sure!

Barcelona Beer Fest was a great time last year. Met up with BRW and tlahav there. The Fest itself and the bars around town were hopping. No shortage of good beer.

Already wish I were back in Spain...so much to love.

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 12:21 Sat 2/11/2017

Thanks for the info guys, I will message you for more info if you don’t mind.

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 12:38 Sat 2/11/2017

Thanks for the info guys, I will message you for more info if you don’t mind.