What leaderboards do you check most often?

Reads 3543 • Replies 50 • Started Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:02:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 22:35 Sun 10/22/2017

Instead of starting from the top and going down I think I may show top 30 and then your place plus and minus 10, or more if you are a top performer. This gives everyone a better sense of where they are.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 22:43 Sun 10/22/2017

Personally, in order, I check most ratings of GA beers, Sourheads, and most ratings overall. I also sometimes look at most ratings of FL, IL, and IA beers, as I’ve lived in and near those states. I also check the most ratings in the given year, 2017, and am depressed I’ll never come close to making that list.

Back in the day I used to care about trades or top 50 beers, but then I got a life.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 22:45 Sun 10/22/2017

Originally posted by djd07
Sourheads when I need a good laugh

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 22:47 Sun 10/22/2017

Originally posted by SpringsLicker
The Master's lists need to be expanded. At least the top 100 in each age group.

Also, people should get off your lawn!

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 02:01 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by adamnowek
Originally posted by jjsint
Are we to read this as a 'we're cutting down on stats availability, what would you most like us to keep' question? In which case I'd answer please don't. The stats are awesome and are one of the reasons I do this.

+1

+2

imdownthepub
beers 26220 º places 2123 º 03:19 Mon 10/23/2017

The thing that attracts me to this site is the stats, it's the reason I rate. More stats should be the aim rather than fewer. More countries split would be fantastic.

jercraigs
beers 14887 º places 1051 º 06:43 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by imdownthepub
The thing that attracts me to this site is the stats, it's the reason I rate. More stats should be the aim rather than fewer. More countries split would be fantastic.

This.

Iznogud
beers 13238 º places 1283 º 08:13 Mon 10/23/2017

I was afraid this amount of stats is demanding in terms of resources.

Like others, I feel stats are important component of RB, adding gamifying element to the site and giving edge over similar services. Also I've been thinking about new stats, I'd like to see:

- user homer rate - user avg score of home country beers/user avg score of foreign beers vs overall score of home country/foreign rated
- country homer rate - same as above but on country level
- avg rates for certain ranges of beers rated i.e. What is my avg score for beers with avg 3.75+
- more country stats - i.e. top raters of styles/countries in country, top raters of 4+ beers in a country, most styles produced and rated in a country, top scores for sryles and countries in a country
- compare stats with your friend, with bar graphs providing visual style/countries stats
- beer avg rating over history

Could probably think of many more, but somehow I doubt they will be introduced :)

LazyPyro
beers 8235 º places 63 º 08:27 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by imdownthepub

+1

This is a huge USP of RateBeer and is the primary reason I created an account here. If stats are removed or reduced in some way then I worry that the other reasons I'm here aren't strong enough to keep me. May as well just stick to Untappd if you take away stats and leaderboards and keep the dumbed down ratings.

LazyPyro
beers 8235 º places 63 º 08:30 Mon 10/23/2017

Originally posted by joet
Instead of starting from the top and going down I think I may show top 30 and then your place plus and minus 10, or more if you are a top performer. This gives everyone a better sense of where they are.

This is needed for ALL stats/leaderboards. Currently only a few show my own place (hard countries to rate I know shows this) but most others don't so I have no clue where I am.

I don't even know how many beers I've rated this year and how far off the top guys I am because https://www.ratebeer.com/users/rateroftheyear/ and previous years don't show my own position.

But I'd rather see it expanded to top 100. I feel the top 50 in almost every leaderboard rarely changes it's just the same hardcore raters there, whereas going down to 100 will bring more people into the game and perhaps encourage more rates to climb higher up.