What St. Louis beers should I try?

Reads 509 • Replies 3 • Started Wednesday, September 2, 2015 10:57:26 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cjsleme
beers 6 º 10:57 Wed 9/2/2015

I have stated in a previous post that I am new to drinking beer and only have had bud light and a shock top variety pack which I liked. I just want to know what beers I can get locally here that I should try?

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 13:02 Wed 9/2/2015

Tons to try in the area. May want to get a sampler from Blvd or Schlafly. Also, Luka’s has a very large mix a six. Just try things and see what you like.

For being new I’d recommend things now too assertive like:
Schlafly Kolsch
Urban Chestnut Zwickel
Perennial Saison De Lis
4 Hands Single Speed
Boulevard Pale Ale
2nd Shift Hibiscus Wit

or whatever looks good on the shelf and have fun with it.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 13:08 Wed 9/2/2015

Also, you may want to make your way up to STL and go to some brewpubs. Many do samplers or smaller pours. You can try a decent amount of beers quickly that way without drinking too much.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 17:01 Wed 9/2/2015

I see you live in Jefferson County. You can get Piney River and Mothers Brewing. Neither is available in St. Louis city or county. both of those breweries are very good. As well as what John said above, try Earthbound Brewing which is a tiny brewery on Cherokee Street. Very unique beers and very tasty, too. Not very far from there is ITAP in Soulard which has 50 beers on tap as well as a couple hundred in bottle.