What’s New - Part 6

Reads 8421 • Replies 98 • Started Sunday, October 2, 2016 9:35:59 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 14:53 Tue 4/25/2017

Originally posted by beercation
Originally posted by t0rin0
I was also impressed by Burgeon.

that good?

In comparison to all the other new places in the area. But yeah, their IPAs are decent to pretty good.

rcubed
beers 35 º 15:00 Thu 4/27/2017

Battlemage opens May 6th.

rcubed
beers 35 º 15:00 Thu 4/27/2017

Also I’m hearing very good things about Eppig, especially with their lagers.

blipp
beers 14908 º places 219 º 15:12 Thu 4/27/2017

Originally posted by rcubed

I specifically remember liking the Marzen they had, but also remember them having a pretty blah IPA.

Worth stopping in either way with 3 breweries under one roof... I thought Pariah Brewing next door has some pretty good stuff, and San Diego Brewing was fine, though pretty unmemorable.

rcubed
beers 35 º 18:07 Thu 4/27/2017

Originally posted by blipp

I specifically remember liking the Marzen they had, but also remember them having a pretty blah IPA.

Worth stopping in either way with 3 breweries under one roof... I thought Pariah Brewing next door has some pretty good stuff, and San Diego Brewing was fine, though pretty unmemorable.

I could care less if they can’t make a good IPA. Plenty of breweries do. We need to more quality lagers around town.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 13:43 Sun 4/30/2017

I thought it was OK, nothing I need to go back to right away. They had a schwartzbier that was fine. It’s tiny and with 10 or more people in there is kind of uncomfortable. The two people behind the counter weren’t the friendliest folks either.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 17:03 Sun 4/30/2017

Originally posted by beercation
I was also impressed by Burgeon.

that good?

In comparison to all the other new places in the area. But yeah, their IPAs are decent to pretty good.

I’m here now. Decent is a good description.

BeerandBlues2
beers 20281 º places 1224 º 21:18 Sun 4/30/2017

Newtopia Cyder opened April 1st, around the corner from Ballast Point Scripps Ranch. Holy hell, they make phenomenal cider. They have 4 core and 7 - 8 others on tap plus the occasional randal. The girl to guy ratio was about 12 to 1 when I stopped by. They are primarily sticking to Austurian traditions for the base but adding spices, herbs, vegetables, fruits, etc.