Where to drink and buy sour beers in Barcelona?

Reads 2126 • Replies 20 • Started Wednesday, August 2, 2017 12:22:28 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mike_77
beers 14458 º places 114 º 16:03 Fri 8/4/2017

Abirradero normally has two or three sour/gose/berliner weisse.

OgitheYogi
06:24 Sat 8/5/2017

BRW thank you for the invite, are you guys getting together for a little bottle share or going to a bar? I am always looking to expand my beer community :)

Thank you so much for such a vivid reply. I am thinking of going to Edge Brewing today, is it worth the 20 euro? Some of their beers sound amazing!

I haven’t made it out to Homo Sibaris, they have been around for a long time now.

I am hoping to hit up all of the places you mentioned!

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 07:52 Sat 8/5/2017

Originally posted by OgitheYogi
BRW thank you for the invite, are you guys getting together for a little bottle share or going to a bar? I am always looking to expand my beer community :)

Thank you so much for such a vivid reply. I am thinking of going to Edge Brewing today, is it worth the 20 euro? Some of their beers sound amazing!

I haven’t made it out to Homo Sibaris, they have been around for a long time now.

We’re probably meeting at Naparbcn and then go to other bars (or wherever he/you want to go, I’ll only act as a guide and give a little advise/insight of the beer places).
I’ve never been to this Edge tours so I don’t know what you get for 20 euros, but they have some nice brews there. Maybe Zoret can help you.
The homo sibaris bottle shop is fairly new (1 year or so).

OgitheYogi
08:00 Sat 8/5/2017

I was thinking 2D2DSpuma, that place was there back in 2011 maybe 2012.

Naparbcn is definitely on my to do list, going there with a couple of people and sharing some bottles could definitely be great! Let me know if you guys want more company. I will be checking this forum or I am also on facebook.

Zoret
beers 501 º places 72 º 08:01 Sat 8/5/2017

Originally posted by BRW
Originally posted by OgitheYogi

We’re probably meeting at Naparbcn and then go to other bars (or wherever he/you want to go, I’ll only act as a guide and give a little advise/insight of the beer places).
I’ve never been to this Edge tours so I don’t know what you get for 20 euros, but they have some nice brews there. Maybe Zoret can help you.
The homo sibaris bottle shop is fairly new (1 year or so).

Hi! The tour at Edge consists on 4 generous tasters a guide visit to the brewery and a final pint. Contact Robin if you want to: robin@edgebrewing.com Cheers!

Zoret
beers 501 º places 72 º 08:05 Sat 8/5/2017

And also if you like sours they have amazing ones. Ask for "Sangría Sour" or "Apassionada". Also "Gose Margarita" or "Stelth" (a Cider in collab with Cigar City) are good ones!

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 08:08 Sat 8/5/2017

hey guys, sure thing we could do a small bottle share ( if the pub allows it? ) yet I do wanna drink at the pub as well, since it’s one of the reasons we wanna chose BCN.

Me and my GF should be there around 19.00-20.00 ( biercap ) I can try and keep an eye on my beermails as well ( PM me, not in the forum since I don’t check that often enough ) . let me know in the next 2 days wether I should take some bottles (and which ones ;) )

We’re probably only gonna do Biercap and NaparBCN the first night ( i expect i won’t leave after one drink ;) ) yet we’re there untill the 18th, so many other nights to grab a beer elsewhere as well. see you Wednesday ?

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 09:12 Sat 8/5/2017

Originally posted by kraddel
hey guys, sure thing we could do a small bottle share ( if the pub allows it? ) yet I do wanna drink at the pub as well, since it’s one of the reasons we wanna chose BCN.

Me and my GF should be there around 19.00-20.00 ( biercap ) I can try and keep an eye on my beermails as well ( PM me, not in the forum since I don’t check that often enough ) . let me know in the next 2 days wether I should take some bottles (and which ones ;) )

We’re probably only gonna do Biercap and NaparBCN the first night ( i expect i won’t leave after one drink ;) ) yet we’re there untill the 18th, so many other nights to grab a beer elsewhere as well. see you Wednesday ?

I’ve had small bottle shares both at biercab and Naparbcn. If we ask them, they will surely allow it.

OgitheYogi
16:36 Sun 8/6/2017

Originally posted by Zoret
And also if you like sours they have amazing ones. Ask for "Sangría Sour" or "Apassionada". Also "Gose Margarita" or "Stelth" (a Cider in collab with Cigar City) are good ones!

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it to the tour :( I am so sad I was hoping to try their sour beers, I guess I have another reason to come back. We were a couple of minutes late and they must have started the tour without us, which is understandable, it was a little further than I thought!

OgitheYogi
17:52 Sun 8/6/2017

Originally posted by kraddel

I should definitely be able to make it out Wednesday!

I have always wanted to try something from Bokkereyder. I unfortunately don’t have any bottles of mine with me, it was relatively last minute trip but I can absolutely bring some Jester King beers with me next time or if you are ever in Austin,TX we can share some great stuff.

If you decide not to bring anything no worries the bottle list at NaparBCN looked nice, I am sure we could easily share some bottles! Biercab has a bottle shop they promised to open if people showed up when it wasn’t busy! It is up to them whether or not they want to open it...hopefully they will.

I am also here till the 18th!