Are people using Ticks and Rates in this way... ???

Reads 3542 • Replies 29 • Started Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:13:58 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:13 Fri 10/20/2017

This is good. It looks like most everyone people will be okay with the proposed changes. i was supposed to complete this change today but the server got in my way and I'm going to have to get to it later. More on this later.

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 12:05 Fri 10/20/2017

Originally posted by joet
This is good. It looks like most everyone people will be okay with the proposed changes. i was supposed to complete this change today but the server got in my way and I'm going to have to get to it later. More on this later.

Hi Joe

Is there a plan to update the "how to use Ratebeer" bit on the homepage? Now with all the changes with ticks, tags etc. some of us old dinosaurs aren't quite sure what's going on and would probably like to use the new features if they were explained? People sometimes assume that just because you are online you know everything about being online. Some sort of "what you can do on Ratebeer" would be useful for Newbies and Oldies alike.

What do you think? Or am I typically missing something that is already there?

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 13:17 Fri 10/20/2017

Originally posted by wheresthepath
I never use ticks, I only do full rates.

I've heard ticks spread nasty diseases anyway...

This.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 13:23 Fri 10/20/2017

Originally posted by harrisoni

Hi Joe

Is there a plan to update the "how to use Ratebeer" bit on the homepage? Now with all the changes with ticks, tags etc. some of us old dinosaurs aren't quite sure what's going on and would probably like to use the new features if they were explained? People sometimes assume that just because you are online you know everything about being online. Some sort of "what you can do on Ratebeer" would be useful for Newbies and Oldies alike.

What do you think? Or am I typically missing something that is already there?

Wow, thank you so much for filling in a blind spot for me. I am sorry I've neglected this entirely.

I am so down in the weeds with RateBeer that I would do this very poorly. I wonder if there's someone on the team who has recently gone through the learning process who can put together a quick how-to?

Viper666.Qc
beers 10517 º places 11 º 14:49 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by VDuquerroux
Just after buying beers, I tick them (one star). When I rate a beer, I delete the tick. If you look at my ticks, you know what I have in my "beer fridge".

That's exactly what I used the Old ticks for: Ticks with a 1 note was my beer cellar

OminouSC2
beers 4210 º 15:21 Mon 10/30/2017

If I start to tick beers I could just start rating Pale lagers as well - it doesn't give me anything.

nuplastikk
beers 9848 º places 73 º 22:02 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by fonefan
As I am writing on my profile page....

Trading or Tastings CHECK also my "Beer Ticks"
1 star = in backlog
2 stars = in order
3 stars = at next tasting
4 stars = in ongoing trade
5 stars = in cellar not rated

that is completely awesome

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 04:56 Tue 10/31/2017

I'm wondering if people require a tick AND rate for the same beer?

The only thing I could add that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread is that I tick a beer (one star) that I've already fully rated when my experience was markedly different and I need to re-rate it some time. That rarely happens (the re-rating) so it's no big deal. Otherwise the only time I'd have duplication is when I forget to delete the tick after adding a full rating.

thedm
beers 6316 º places 16 º 12:33 Tue 10/31/2017

I have been both ticking and rating my beers. But, not lately as ticking is broken and will not work for me at all. I click on a star and.....wait for it.....NOTHING.