Band of Bohemia awarded a MIchelin star

Reads 1146 • Replies 6 • Started Wednesday, November 2, 2016 1:12:01 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:12 Wed 11/2/2016

Thought these guys were on to great things marrying casual fine dining in a brewpub atmosphere. I think this is the first starred brewpub, but don’t quote me on that. Seems like another positive step in food/beer.

Nische
beers 4602 º places 121 º 13:29 Wed 11/2/2016

The only pub that I know of that has a star is Harwood Arms in London, which by the way was spectacular. This is really cool if others will follow and try to incorporate beer with fine dining.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 14:03 Wed 11/2/2016

Originally posted by Nische
The only pub that I know of that has a star is Harwood Arms in London, which by the way was spectacular. This is really cool if others will follow and try to incorporate beer with fine dining.

There are at least 20 Michelin-starred pubs in the UK
http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/features/michelin-star-pubs
How pubby some of them are may be open to question. None of them are brewpubs to my knowledge. I’d guess that wine is far more in evidence than beer as far as booze goes.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 14:12 Wed 11/2/2016

i guess brewery/restaurant is the correct wording. Five or so in house beers to pair with the food.

Nische
beers 4602 º places 121 º 14:13 Wed 11/2/2016

Originally posted by chriso

There are at least 20 Michelin-starred pubs in the UK
http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/features/michelin-star-pubs
How pubby some of them are may be open to question. None of them are brewpubs to my knowledge. I’d guess that wine is far more in evidence than beer as far as booze goes.

Oh, didn’t know. Maybe I mistook it for the only London pub with a star. Nevertheless a cool place that actually felt quite much like a genuine pub with fancier food.

altonbrownd
beers 5922 º places 341 º 17:25 Wed 11/2/2016

I remember going to Nobu in London, and loving the amazingly expensive meals at both locations, just to ’tick’ the house Nobu beer...

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 19:48 Wed 11/2/2016

Maybe I mistook it for the only London pub with a star.

Yeah, I think that might be right.