Beer rating without comment?

Reads 2452 • Replies 25 • Started Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:20:58 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Quevillon
beers 3376 º places 396 º 16:20 Thu 10/12/2017

I just noticed I've rated a beer without knowing it, I must have accidentally click "rate" on the RB app when looking for the one that I unintentionally rated. But what baffles me is there was no comment (obviously) and there was a caption illegitimate, but it was there with my user name and the scoor. I thought beer ratings were not accepted and posted without the minimum caracters?

BTW: I've deleted the rating.

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 09:11 Fri 10/13/2017

You can rate without text, it's the new ticking. However, only you will be able to see these ratings and they won't count towards beer total score if I understood correctly thus far. This is changing on a fairly regular basis which is why people are having issues with their total rate count.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 10:05 Fri 10/13/2017

^^ Thanks Julien! This is correct.

If there's an issue with accidental rating with the app, please let me know through Feedback. Feedback helps us route and prioritize concerns and comments in a systematic way, and makes them far more likely to be addressed in a timely manner.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 10:51 Fri 10/13/2017

Accidental ratings through the app (which are extremely common and very obvious in their cause) are great for metrics, so it's not a priority to fix.

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 11:18 Fri 10/13/2017

Originally posted by puzzl
Accidental ratings through the app (which are extremely common and very obvious in their cause) are great for metrics, so it's not a priority to fix.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:25 Fri 10/13/2017

I just checked in with Wyatt. It's a known issue, the fix is hairy and it's about halfway done.

MarcoDL
beers 9647 º places 213 º 12:01 Fri 10/13/2017

Originally posted by JulienHuxley
You can rate without text, it's the new ticking. However, only you will be able to see these ratings and they won't count towards beer total score if I understood correctly thus far. This is changing on a fairly regular basis which is why people are having issues with their total rate count.

I don't have these ratings without text or with too little text. Still, I have issues with the counter, so something else is messing it up as well.

egajdzis
beers 9974 º places 49 º 12:10 Fri 10/13/2017

Originally posted by joet
I just checked in with Wyatt. It's a known issue, the fix is hairy and it's about halfway done.

Can you add a confirm button after moving the slider location?

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 12:43 Fri 10/13/2017

Originally posted by MarcoDL
Originally posted by JulienHuxley

I don't have these ratings without text or with too little text. Still, I have issues with the counter, so something else is messing it up as well.

I've added a breakdown in the user profile so that one can see the difference between full ratings and what we're now calling "personal notes". We are currently planning to merge ticks and "personal notes" so that both the app and the web have two simple types of partial ratings - rates and ticks.

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 13:06 Fri 10/13/2017

Joe, will that breakout in the user profile be visible on the website/mobile website, the app, or both? I don't use the app, but I seem to have a 1 or 2 count of ratings that might be in that bucket of too few characters, and I'd like to find it and fix it.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 14:03 Fri 10/13/2017

Originally posted by BVery
Joe, will that breakout in the user profile be visible on the website/mobile website, the app, or both? I don't use the app, but I seem to have a 1 or 2 count of ratings that might be in that bucket of too few characters, and I'd like to find it and fix it.

I just met with the app folks to be sure we're on the same page. We have common language for this week and language for next week. :-)

I'm going to try to knock out the major hurdle of combining ticks and "personal notes" to create a simple *rates and ticks* breakdown by end of next week. Then your profile will simply show Ratings, and Ticks, and they will be viewable either separately by tabs or in one long list. I think it might be best to show in one long list but then have and option to show all, ticks, or rates. What do you think? Whatever we do, I'll coordinate with mobile.