Best Breweries in Japan 2016

Reads 5594 • Replies 66 • Started Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:20:03 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chuwy
beers 55 º places 26 º 04:49 Mon 12/5/2016

kyoto is my 4, not 7.

jinroh
beers 4531 º places 5 º 21:51 Mon 12/5/2016

Adding my two cents here.

Shiga Kogen
Onidensetsu
AJB
Devil Craft
Yorocco
Songbird
Kiuchi
Shonan
Zakkoku Kobo
Hideji

j3sei
21:57 Mon 12/5/2016

Not in order,

Thrash Zone
Yorocco
Devil Craft
Shiga Kogen
Y. Market
Swan Lake
Oni Densetsu
Shonan
Atsugi
Kyoto

Others, AJB, Baeren, Fujizakura, haven’t tried the ’new’ stuff from Bay Brewing.

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 23:34 Mon 12/5/2016

’7) Kyoto.
I know why they do it (business safety and not taking chances) but dont we all just wish they’d stop playing it safe and give chris and yasunori a chance to flex their creative muscles? Still it makes sense to play safe and we all know their beers taste god anyhoo, evne if we dont know which is which’

Agreed. There is an amazing brewery there ready to take wings, but until they remove the chocks they are way too safe for me to make them a regular purchase.

emiliebiere
18:30 Tue 12/6/2016

1. Kyoto
2. Zakkoku
3. Shiga
4. Baird
5. Y. Market
6. Oni densetsu
7. Yorocco
8. Libushi
9. Fujizakura
10. Devil Craft

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 19:53 Tue 12/6/2016

Thank you everyone!

j3sei, any chance you could put them in order? Or maybe we could split the marks equally? What do people think?

chuwy
beers 55 º places 26 º 18:03 Wed 12/7/2016

Originally posted by jonno
’7) Kyoto.
I know why they do it (business safety

I since edited my comment to control lazy wording but of course i love them but dont see them as number one, mainly as i know they have more to offer.

chuwy
beers 55 º places 26 º 18:09 Wed 12/7/2016

May I just say that this is a ratebeer thread, for beer geeks and does not represent the opinions of all beer lovers.
I think some others might check this thread and get upset.
I got some positive feedback from a brewer or two about my posts and I apologise to them and anyone else for my poor choice of words at times. I was very busy and very stressed and typed it all out very fast. I had drank a lot of coffee.
My intention was never to insult or attack. I love beer and that is my number one. However, i dont want to throw insults and some of my wording was rushed, childish and ill conceived.
I’ll try to do better and this is just a hypothetical top 10 beer list and not the court of human rights or something actually seriously important.
Some brewers i won’t apologise to but anyone in a top ten deserves respect.
I love you all and thanks for putting up with me.
Good to see different opinions, as always.
My votes were based on beers ive drank plus experiences id had with brewers and breweries.

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 19:19 Wed 12/7/2016

Cheers Chuwy! Have requested a couple more top tens from a few people and will compile all the info soon. Should we have a deadline and a grand reveal date?

chuwy
beers 55 º places 26 º 20:31 Wed 12/7/2016

p.s. quite a few brewers chekc this thread, as im sure some more careful posters are aware of. I got message by one person who was awesome and made me realsie id not worded my opinion very fairly and it turns out he doesn’t hate me! - always a plus. One reason why i went back and edited my post. I think a few others know which brewers are on rate beer and are careful not to offend. i really think that disclaimer should be put at the start of the thread. I went in like a bull in a chinashop. I was stressed, over worked and extremely tired and typed it all very fast.
I screwed up a few entries but i was trying to be honest but i went overboard once or twice. or a 100 times.
I do get the feeling that my opinions are very much not welcome quite often from the craft community and for two reasons. One is that i do often moan a lot and we all know this (one reason for moaning more than is necessary is that no other bugger does that - apart from Kansai Chuwy Philip).
Another reason is that i dont seem to be playing by the rules and just say everything is awesome. Well, we all know that it isnt.
Saying that means nothing will change.
Yes, i can be more polite and kinder with my comments but hell, most of you lot can be a bit more honest as well and i guess that means having a go at me but if that is being honest, then i take that any day over false niceities. I almost typed nice titties. id accept false nice titties but only if they were really nice.