Best CBC so far?

Reads 3681 • Replies 26 • Started Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:06:16 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 01:33 Mon 5/16/2016

Originally posted by VastActiv
Has to complain about one thing:
I heard some Danish beer guys talking about Scandinavian Bar and how there is not Finnish Breweries because organizers think that Finland is not part of Scandinavia!
First of all that sounds very stupid and secondly I really hope that we will someday see Finnish brewery in CBC.

Well, I don’t mean to be a dick, but Finland usually isn’t included in Scandinavia. Sure, it’s a Nordic country, but Scandinavia is just Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

konstifik
beers 573 º places 37 º 01:50 Mon 5/16/2016

Originally posted by VsXsV
I heard some Danish beer guys talking about Scandinavian Bar and how there is not Finnish Breweries because organizers think that Finland is not part of Scandinavia!
First of all that sounds very stupid and secondly I really hope that we will someday see Finnish brewery in CBC.

Well, I don’t mean to be a dick, but Finland usually isn’t included in Scandinavia. Sure, it’s a Nordic country, but Scandinavia is just Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

Also, the domestic beer scene in Finland seems to be way behind Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

cgarvieuk
beers 37692 º places 457 º 02:58 Mon 5/16/2016

Yeah , Definitly we (me and wife) both enjoyed it more, but struggling to work out why.

Definitly there were less Impossibel queues, Other than Dark lord in session 4,
and oddly Omnipollo seemed to be the one with a queue every session

Liked the hall, but did think it was too crowded. Esp as there was a section sheeted off that some more could have been given over so moving through crowd was easier

But the vibe just felt better and really enjoyed it.

In hindsight turning up at 8am for a 10am opening was maybe a little overkill. But its always fun to hang with people. So really just added to the fun of teh day

oh, and whoever VsXsV is with in that photo, is looking good

VastActiv
beers 15983 º places 259 º 03:05 Mon 5/16/2016

Originally posted by konstifik

Also, the domestic beer scene in Finland seems to be way behind Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

That is definitely true. Give us 3-4 years more.

cgarvieuk
beers 37692 º places 457 º 03:23 Mon 5/16/2016

BeerViking
beers 9209 º places 134 º 07:26 Mon 5/16/2016

Yup. Scandia = Nor/Swe/Den
Nordic = Scandia + Fin/Ice/Fae

Some people (me included) would push for Nordic to include Estonia too.

rickgordon
beers 3878 º places 41 º 10:19 Mon 5/16/2016

I wasn’t there but here are some pics
http://www.pikore.com/tag/copenhagenbeercelebration2016

Originally posted by joet
Loving all the pics coming back. If you have any please post here.

What were the highlights for you? What aspects of the festival improved?

Inbreak
beers 9959 º 02:50 Tue 5/17/2016

Originally posted by rlgk
Better venue, less crowded even if there were more people attending. No beers were running out very fast, maybe since there were so many amazing breweries gathered.
I hope they keep it like this for many years to come. :)

AleSmith ran out of Hawaiian Speedway VERY fast, if they even had it? I didn’t see AleSmith run out of anything last year, and only that one this year. And quite a few beers ran out closer to the end of each session.

Inbreak
beers 9959 º 02:52 Tue 5/17/2016

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Queue for rare barrel ??? Go to the brewpub and quickly get bored of OK but overly acidic and samey 3.5/3.6 rated sours !!!

Rare barrel and SARA very often had a long queue. Loved the acidity in most rare barrel beers, and to me rare barrel was in a league of their own compared to SARA and de Garde.

Inbreak
beers 9959 º 03:06 Tue 5/17/2016

The main thing they should fix, is having the name of the breweries up in the air. At some stands you basically had to wait in line just to see what was in the front because of the crowd. The same thing at the check in, a simple sign above the entrance for pink and session. So little to make it all so much easier.