Best CBC so far?

Reads 3680 • Replies 26 • Started Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:06:16 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37688 º places 457 º 03:13 Tue 5/17/2016

Originally posted by Inbreak
The main thing they should fix, is having the name of the breweries up in the air. At some stands you basically had to wait in line just to see what was in the front because of the crowd. The same thing at the check in, a simple sign above the entrance for pink and session. So little to make it all so much easier.

YEah agree, the brewery signs higher would have been a little more helpfull

esp as there often wasnt a queue just a mass of people

and outside they needed to be better organised. as it seemed to change each time we queued.
but on whole these were minor

humlelala
beers 1377 º places 89 º 04:11 Tue 5/17/2016

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
The main thing they should fix, is having the name of the breweries up in the air. At some stands you basically had to wait in line just to see what was in the front because of the crowd. The same thing at the check in, a simple sign above the entrance for pink and session. So little to make it all so much easier.

YEah agree, the brewery signs higher would have been a little more helpfull

esp as there often wasnt a queue just a mass of people

and outside they needed to be better organised. as it seemed to change each time we queued.
but on whole these were minor

+1 to all of the above. This was also a minor nuisance at the Hill Farmstead event at Warpigs where the list of beers currently on tap at the firestarter was so small it was basically obscured by the queue of people lining up in front of it.

Another suggestion for improvement would be to make sure the index of brewers on the map handout was sorted alphabetically instead of by stand numbers as the former seems to me to be a more useful way of looking up a particular brewer.

cgarvieuk
beers 37688 º places 457 º 04:54 Tue 5/17/2016

Originally posted by humlelala
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Another suggestion for improvement would be to make sure the index of brewers on the map handout was sorted alphabetically instead of by stand numbers as the former seems to me to be a more useful way of looking up a particular brewer.

Totally list alphabetically,
stands in hall numerically (as they were)

and would have been so much easier to find. I started writing the names on the stands as it was slightly easier
but still not as easy as having the list alphabetically

martin00sr
beers 11058 º places 141 º 13:52 Tue 5/17/2016

I only have last year’s CBC to compare....
I think the venue was good, I agree that some of the empty space could have been used better. More space between the different breweries and better signs might have prevented some of the queues. But all in all it seemed less of a hassle than last year. I liked that there was much more seating than last year.

I did not run in to any empty taps, only stood in line for about 5 minutes a couple of times. So I think everybody had a good chance at getting what they wanted (I did!) and in the the end, I guess this matters the most.

Rinsing stations dried out pretty often and I think some of the taps where too cold. But these are not really problems.

And this: Was it just me, or did the toilets during the blue session (the one with Alesmith Hawaiian) have a light scent of coconut?

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 11:44 Thu 5/19/2016

Looks like people are quite satisfied... :)

SudsMcDuff
beers 8597 º places 190 º 18:20 Thu 5/19/2016

no strippers this time round..