Catalonia

Reads 4397 • Replies 36 • Started Friday, October 27, 2017 10:41:32 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

omhper
beers 40262 º places 332 º 03:06 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by 77ships

Actions don’t exist in a vacuum & in pure objectivity especially after acknowledging that there is a dispute. Being a thirsty traveller doesn’t make your statements devoid of opinion.

I didn’t state that they were puppet states, I did state Russia has military involvement in the north of Ukraine & had involvement in South Ossetia War. One has to be in wilful denial to dispute that.

Nobody is disputing anything such. As for South Ossetia war, not even official Russian channels.

The only opinion stated by listing disputed areas as 'disputed' is that we do not take anyone's personal ideology into consideration when selecting what to include.

MarcoDL
beers 9604 º places 213 º 03:44 Mon 10/30/2017

In that case, why is there no Islamic State on ratebeer? the area is clearly disputed and we should not let our idealogy stop us from entering it. Although you won't get a lot of ticks there I suppose.

SinH4
beers 15467 º places 416 º 04:42 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by adamnowek
Yep. Both Koreas, too.

Also Switzerland, because Libya wanted to divide it and split it up into its neighboring countries a couple of years ago because they investigated against Gaddafi's son.

omhper
beers 40262 º places 332 º 07:24 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by MarcoDL
In that case, why is there no Islamic State on ratebeer? the area is clearly disputed and we should not let our idealogy stop us from entering it. Although you won't get a lot of ticks there I suppose.

Should their borders have been fixed for a decade or so, they could have been listed eventually.
Although total absence of beer would not necessarily drive the urgency of inclusion.

Oakes
admin
beers 30670 º places 1135 º 13:16 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by SinH4
Any state that has at least one United Nations member state that refuses to recognise it is considered to have limited recognition;

so is Israel in that case?

Yep. Both Koreas, too.

Taiwan.

Oakes
admin
beers 30670 º places 1135 º 13:18 Mon 10/30/2017

Anyway, in the case of Catalonia we all know that if Spain says it's ok, every other country in the world will, too. This seems like a situation that will have a resolution at some point, clear enough to take action.