Croatia beer scene

Reads 3263 • Replies 38 • Started Friday, April 8, 2016 4:50:03 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

branko
beers 67 º 04:50 Fri 4/8/2016

The old Ex-yu topic is frozen, so I will open the new one about the Croatian beer scene. I will start with Croatian most important craft breweries. I need to update this post, but for now that will do. What kind of Croatian craft beers did you try? Your impressions?

Croatian Craft Beer Scene

MarkoNm
beers 6163 º places 386 º 05:49 Fri 4/8/2016

Tried quite a number of craft stuff from our neighbours, but the best one was without doubt and hands down Zmajska Pozoj. The first batch was very decent, the second was great and the last one was just superb.

branko
beers 67 º 05:55 Fri 4/8/2016

Originally posted by MarkoNm
Tried quite a number of craft stuff from our neighbours, but the best one was without doubt and hands down Zmajska Pozoj. The first batch was very decent, the second was great and the last one was just superb.

Also one of my favourites. Yesterday, Nova runda had the promotion of their new limited IPA called C4, a lot of people told me that this was the best Croatian craft beer they tasted so far. And it’s all gone. Just in Ro&Do pub last night from 7PM all 8 kegs vanished.

Nisse666
beers 15364 º places 374 º 05:56 Fri 4/8/2016

CH-303
beers 4551 º places 137 º 06:18 Fri 4/8/2016

Originally posted by Nisse666
Yeah their http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/zmajska-pivovara-porter/285532/ was very good;)

Funny you should mention this one, I really enjoyed this one as well :-).

CH-303
beers 4551 º places 137 º 06:20 Fri 4/8/2016

Originally posted by CH-303
Yeah their http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/zmajska-pivovara-porter/285532/ was very good;)

The Advanced Search shows it as the highest scoring Croatian beer as well, doh.

MarkoNm
beers 6163 º places 386 º 07:25 Fri 4/8/2016

Originally posted by branko

Also one of my favourites. Yesterday, Nova runda had the promotion of their new limited IPA called C4, a lot of people told me that this was the best Croatian craft beer they tasted so far. And it’s all gone. Just in Ro&Do pub last night from 7PM all 8 kegs vanished.

Yes, I heard about C4 being made, but haven’t heard any feedback yet. Will have to try it as it seems. Hopefully they’ll make a whole bunch of it before I make it to Zagreb.

rouhlas
admin
beers 5623 º places 348 º 07:35 Fri 4/8/2016

Only three for me:

Zmajska Pivovara Porter (my rating 3.9)
Visibaba Pivo (my rating 3.4)
Zmajska Pivovara Pale Ale (my rating 3.3)

branko
beers 67 º 07:46 Fri 4/8/2016

Originally posted by branko

Yes, I heard about C4 being made, but haven’t heard any feedback yet. Will have to try it as it seems. Hopefully they’ll make a whole bunch of it before I make it to Zagreb.

I wrote something about C4 here
I think that they will not cook it any soon but let’s hope so.

Nisse666
beers 15364 º places 374 º 13:20 Fri 4/8/2016

The Advanced Search shows it as the highest scoring Croatian beer as well, doh.

Yeah!

Marko
admin
beers 17941 º places 879 º 17:43 Fri 4/8/2016

We shall see. It was a complete success. :)