Croatia beer scene

Reads 3264 • Replies 38 • Started Friday, April 8, 2016 4:50:03 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Marko
admin
beers 17941 º places 879 º 11:35 Fri 4/15/2016

Originally posted by branko
I did an interview with interesting new craft brewery to come. Their name is Bura Brew and their are located in Porec. For now they are planing to brew Golden Ale ( this is must have for Croatian market :) ) , Amber Ale and Tornado IPA. https://foodwinebeersite.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/bura-brew-interview/

Italian-run, they seem like really cool people. Tried test batches of their beers. The beers won’t be that daring by choice, but their IPA was quite solid nonetheless, easy drinking for the style, but still Americanoid and within style restraints. The Golden and the Amber had their mild issues - but not quality-wise, more like the recipes were in need of tweaking, but they were VERY aware of them and will actually fix them for the official release.

MarkoNm
beers 6163 º places 386 º 11:47 Fri 4/15/2016

What do you guys think of San Servolo IPA and APA? Haven’t tried them yet, but it seems people are not too excited about them

Marko
admin
beers 17941 º places 879 º 11:55 Fri 4/15/2016

San Servolo IPA is beyond crap. Like, imagine the lamest attempt at an "English IPA" and add unnecessary bottle conditioning with yeast not suited to that.

The APA kinda works, but is still the worst Croatian APA on the market.

These guys really don’t know much about beer and it shows.

Marko
admin
beers 17941 º places 879 º 11:56 Fri 4/15/2016

Also, Branko, jebemu, ako moš, popravi naslov da bude "Croatian". :D

Marko
admin
beers 17941 º places 879 º 12:00 Fri 4/15/2016

As soon as Brlog’s Indiegogo closed, another one started. Pulfer - a band of relatively "new" but very much accomplished homebrewers, at least one of which I know from completely different circles from way back when, have been doing test batches over at Kahli, where Nova Runda used to brew, for quite a while now, and are looking for funding with a long-term goal of financing a brewery of their own (let’s just say that Kahli is far from ideal for contract brewing). Tried at least 4 different homebrews of theirs and couldn’t find a flaw with a single one of them, so yeah, they know their shit and are worth supporting. :D Also, I wish they asked someone, anyone, to spellcheck their IndieGogo page....
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pulfer-a-new-craft-beer-in-croatia--2#/

branko
beers 67 º 12:20 Fri 4/15/2016

Originally posted by Marko
Also, Branko, jebemu, ako moš, popravi naslov da bude "Croatian". :D

Da, budala sjebao naslov. Pokusavao sam, ali nisam nasao opciju :(

branko
beers 67 º 12:22 Fri 4/15/2016

San Servolo IPA is beyond crap. Like, imagine the lamest attempt at an "English IPA" and add unnecessary bottle conditioning with yeast not suited to that.

I really don’t like their beers. All in and San Servolo are not my types of breweries.

branko
beers 67 º 13:01 Fri 4/15/2016

As soon as Brlog’s Indiegogo closed, another one started. Pulfer - a band of relatively "new" but very much accomplished homebrewers, at least one of which I know from completely different circles from way back when, have been doing test batches over at Kahli, where Nova Runda used to brew, for quite a while now, and are looking for funding with a long-term goal of financing a brewery of their own (let’s just say that Kahli is far from ideal for contract brewing). Tried at least 4 different homebrews of theirs and couldn’t find a flaw with a single one of them, so yeah, they know their shit and are worth supporting. :D Also, I wish they asked someone, anyone, to spellcheck their IndieGogo page....
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pulfer-a-new-craft-beer-in-croatia--2#/

I will write my next article about them. Also, I had a conversation with few brewers and it seems like impossible to make a contract brewing in Croatia? Our stupid laws

MarkoNm
beers 6163 º places 386 º 13:30 Fri 4/15/2016

Now I just have to try it ;)

branko
beers 67 º 01:25 Tue 4/19/2016

Does anybody know status of All in, Red Baron, Bosnjak and other gypsy/contract breweries/beers? According to a new Croatian law about independent breweries, you cannot get a status of an independent brewery ( and by this smaller tax fee ) if you brew for somebody else beside your own brewing. By this, All In, Bosnjak, Red Baron and other breweries that were brewed in Daruvarska brewery are in problems. Also, Nova Runda cannot brew Big Hoof Brown Porter for the guys from Montenegro. Good news is that they will brew Big Hoof Porter for themselves.