Cuvee De Castleton

Reads 4145 • Replies 31 • Started Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:58:13 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 20:42 Sun 7/27/2008

Originally posted by notalush
Originally posted by alohaC
There’s quite a bit of beer ransoming going on these days with anything that resembles a limited release. It’s a shame.

It is indeed a shame. If you’re going to "ransom" your beer off to the person that offers you the most stuff, you might as well just sell your beer on eBay; at least that way there is no pretense.

I agree with this. With all the eBay flaming that goes on here, there is very little criticism of people holding out for the absolute best offer. If I ever start to think that way, I’m just going to dump my brew down the sink.

BlackForestCO
beers 978 º places 18 º 20:47 Sun 7/27/2008

Originally posted by miketd
there is very little criticism of people holding out for the absolute best offer.

Pssh, I call people out on this shit all the time.

Luckily, a majority of the traders on here are great guys that go out of their way to hook others up.

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 20:52 Sun 7/27/2008

Originally posted by BlackForestCO
there is very little criticism of people holding out for the absolute best offer.

Pssh, I call people out on this shit all the time.

Luckily, a majority of the traders on here are great guys that go out of their way to hook others up.

Yeah, but you are a bitter hippie with no money or beer!

BeerTruth
20:54 Sun 7/27/2008

Scott announced that 840 bottles were available for purchase yesterday. Not sure how that rates in "rarity", but with a 4 bottle limit it shouldn’t be that difficult to obtain. My bottles are already spoken for though, sorry.

BlackForestCO
beers 978 º places 18 º 21:06 Sun 7/27/2008

Yeah, but you are a bitter hippie with no money or beer!

Whatever man, I got loads of cash now. Don’t have too much beer, but I am not in bad shape either.

mar
beers 5630 º places 111 º 21:09 Sun 7/27/2008

Originally posted by notalush
Originally posted by acrdz
Castleton’s make great gifts!

I think I’m gonna throw mine in as extras in other trades.

Need anything from TX?

vacax
21:18 Sun 7/27/2008

Not only is it really rare, it is really delicious. Tasted yesterday’s release yesterday at a tasting and it really knocked everyone’s socks off. Prima.

JoeMcPhee
beers 12097 º places 543 º 21:34 Sun 7/27/2008

Whatever, I just traded a bottle for retail value and am sending one to my Secret Santa... I don’t care what they’re worth and I don’t feel right holding someone over a barrel just because I happen to live close to the brewery. I know a lot of other NYers would do the same thing and I’m just hope that people will be able to get this without too much profiteering going on.

jason
beers 1836 º places 45 º 21:39 Sun 7/27/2008

Originally posted by mar
All I know is that I’d like a bottle or 2.

I would just like a few ounces to sip on....

ketchepillar
beers 1218 º places 18 º 21:59 Sun 7/27/2008

It’s a tough situation. If you live by a brewery, on one hand you want to help out those who don’t, then again you want beers from "those who don’t", who do live by other breweries. <- horribly constructed sentence. Anyways if you help them out, then through the whole chain, you are helped out, it’s essentially like trading super awesome rare for super awesome rare. Note: I’m saying it can work out either way, not that one or the other is better.