Im curious what people want from the New App

Reads 4698 • Replies 45 • Started Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:37:09 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 16:17 Fri 10/27/2017

Ease of use like the Untappd app with, of course, the ability to rate and simplifying the uploading of pics directly from my mobile instead of relying on a third-party. (Imgur, though I use that site all the time)

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 17:13 Fri 10/27/2017

I wonder if we can send a compressed list of just beer names and beerids for rating offline? That might make reintegration a lot easier.

keenano
beers 61 º places 2 º 15:52 Mon 10/30/2017

Maybe I’m alone in thinking this, or perhaps I am missing something obvious.

In regards to the above, would it not be good to have an app that functions even when offline? Ie. Have access to beer databases, ratings, etc while online (with an internet connection), as well as offline. Maybe this is impossible, but that’s where I would find the greatest utility from the app. When travelling, rating, etc with no internet connection, I could still view the databases and rate if I choose, which will automatically sync when I return into an area with an internet connection?

BeerViking
beers 9209 º places 134 º 17:58 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by keenano
Maybe I’m alone in thinking this, or perhaps I am missing something obvious.

In regards to the above, would it not be good to have an app that functions even when offline? Ie. Have access to beer databases, ratings, etc while online (with an internet connection), as well as offline. Maybe this is impossible, but that’s where I would find the greatest utility from the app. When travelling, rating, etc with no internet connection, I could still view the databases and rate if I choose, which will automatically sync when I return into an area with an internet connection?

This is pretty much what the old app did, although the sync was manual, not automatic (I preferred manual anyway, for the control it allowed). It's mentioned several times back up this thread as a key "want" for the new app.

It is, incidentally, also a fairly frequent request for the Untappd app, but it would be much harder (as I understand it) for them to add it, whereas we already know Ratebeer could support it.

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 02:46 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by BeerViking
It is, incidentally, also a fairly frequent request for the Untappd app, but it would be much harder (as I understand it) for them to add it, whereas we already know Ratebeer could support it.

Now thats interesting, as thats also another point of diferentiation, if we have and untappd doesnt :-)

Untappd, is also much more about the here and now. Im here, im having this now