Lambic, A topic of discussion…

Reads 15052 • Replies 101 • Started Monday, May 15, 2006 12:07:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mullet
beers 849 º places 230 º 08:28 Fri 5/19/2006

Originally posted by ClarkVV
But I do think it’s a good point about 3F’s level of "tradition". I have heard that it is a VERY clean, controlled environment as well. Maybe someone that actually has been there (Joris) could help us out with that, just on a factual basis.

Sorry to drag this thead on, but...

From Wild Brews:
Peer into Armand’s barrel stores, and you will find them spotless and temperature-controlled, conditions once considered impractical and cost-prohibitive to lambic brewers or blenders. Absent is an acetic or "barnyard" character many people associate with gueuze, replaced by the oak and citrus Armand relates to a fine wine. All gueuze drinkers do not favour this subtlety among gueuze...

I didn’t spend long at 3F but it was much like a regular brewery in terms of cleanliness. I’m speculating but I wouldn’t be surprised if De Cam was temperature-controlled too. The contrast between the stores at those two and Cantillon or Hanssens seemed very significant to me.