Non english letters

Reads 4853 • Replies 34 • Started Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:42:51 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

nilsas
beers 9371 º places 322 º 15:02 Tue 10/24/2017

Originally posted by teddybeer
Originally posted by nilsas
Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by adamnowek
And, once again, non-English letters are broken: https://imgur.com/a/k2wn4

Not quite "once again". This is an ongoing issue that we are making slow progress on. I had to rollback Monday and Tuesday changes from last week. I will re-add those fixes late tonight.

Good work, I se progress day by day, still long road ahead, but improving.
I am probably among the most frustrated, we are strugling alot with the Norwegian characters æøå/ÆØÅ and other every day. I know how hard it is to make that work in search.
I have fait in Joe & CO will make it work in the end, but I know it is not done over night.

Hey, and what about ñ á é í ú ü ë,...

Did not mean to exclude some, I used Norway as a sample.
They need to make all characters also "ñ á é í ú ü ë" and more to work in search too.
But there is still long way to go, I did just simple search for "nøgne xxx" to search for "Nøgne Ø XXX Norwegian Farmhouse Tripel" the search gave 0 result, search for "nogne xxx" and it came up.

JaKeAFC
beers 2033 º places 50 º 15:26 Tue 10/24/2017

Not sure if related, i was looking up for "billie's bier". Came out as "billie

JaKeAFC
beers 2033 º places 50 º 15:30 Tue 10/24/2017

Originally posted by JaKeAFC
Not sure if related, i was looking up for "billie's bier". Came out as "billie

oh wait WHAT??? Try again may be lucky:

Not sure if related, i was looking up for "billie's bier". Came out as "billie*&*#39s bier" (* remove starlets here)
had to google it, 1st result https://www.google.it/search?client=opera&q=billies+bar+ratebeer

teddybeer
beers 5767 º places 208 º 10:56 Thu 10/26/2017

Originally posted by teddybeer
Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by adamnowek
And, once again, non-English letters are broken: https://imgur.com/a/k2wn4

Not quite "once again". This is an ongoing issue that we are making slow progress on. I had to rollback Monday and Tuesday changes from last week. I will re-add those fixes late tonight.

Good work, I se progress day by day, still long road ahead, but improving.
I am probably among the most frustrated, we are strugling alot with the Norwegian characters æøå/ÆØÅ and other every day. I know how hard it is to make that work in search.
I have fait in Joe & CO will make it work in the end, but I know it is not done over night.

Hey, and what about ñ á é í ú ü ë,...

Did not mean to exclude some, I used Norway as a sample.
They need to make all characters also "ñ á é í ú ü ë" and more to work in search too.

Of course it was a joke...