NYC October

Reads 1799 • Replies 18 • Started Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:19:25 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 14:19 Wed 9/20/2017

If everything goes as planned I should be in NYC from 5th to 14th of October. Possible 2 day trip to Maine in that period, still not sure about the dates.

If anyone is interested I can bring some Croatian beers, also I could bring one or two Slovenian or Serbian beers. Also have a spare can of Cloudwater DDH IPA Amarillo.

It's been 3 years since my last visit so I have lots of catching up to do beerwise. Planning to do some brewery visits and pub crawls but the detailed schedule depends on my Maine trip. I'll post the details later on so anyone is welcome to join.

Cheers

jredmond
beers 10321 º places 301 º 15:48 Wed 9/20/2017

Would be cool to meet up. Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Safe travels!

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 08:09 Fri 9/22/2017

Hi jredmond it would be great to meet you, I'll try to post more detailed schedule till end of the week.

Well I did most of my homework and made a list of bars and breweries worth visiting. I'm after HF, Lawsons and of course local breweries like Grimm, Other Half, Interboro, Greenpoint, Suarez.

I do have some questions
- is there any distribution of Kane in NYC?
- last time I caught Bruery tap takeover at Ginger Man - is there a web site which lists such events?
- what is the best shop to buy special beers?

Jow
beers 7364 º places 487 º 08:25 Fri 9/22/2017

Beermenus.com will have taplists and local events for you to check out. I haven't seen Kane around town but finding HF and Lawsons shouldn't be hard just check beermenus

Not sure where you are staying but there is a couple decent bottle shops fairly spread out so depending where your staying visiting can recommend one.

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 10:24 Fri 9/22/2017

I'll be staying at Park Slope, but planning to visit pubs/breweries in Manhattan, Williamsburg/Bushwick, Queens. So no problem to check out shops further away from Park Slope.

I've been occasionally checking beermenus and untappd, will check them before the trip.

Beers4BBooksNYC
places 1 º 10:24 Wed 9/27/2017

You are cordially invited to:
https://www.ratebeer.com/event/52837/

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 12:50 Wed 9/27/2017

Originally posted by Beers4BBooksNYC
You are cordially invited to:
https://www.ratebeer.com/event/52837/

No one wants to go to your shitty event stop spamming

Rciesla
beers 5497 º places 3 º 01:06 Thu 9/28/2017

TAHAHA on top of a separate forum post

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 17:07 Sun 10/1/2017

Arriving on Thursday, as planned.

Originally posted by jredmond
Would be cool to meet up. Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Safe travels!

What would be a good place/neighborhood for a meet?

Still waiting for my Maine trip dates so I don't have a detailed day by day schedule. But I do have a list of places to visit and they are pretty much all over town. So almost any neighborhood with beer places is good for me to meet. I'm thinking of checking out some breweries on Friday since Brooklyn and Transmitter are opened only Fri-Sun.

Planning to visit Mugs Ale House on 14th for their 25 anniversary party, I have the flight back in the evening so have to visit early.

Also on 11th there is a CCB event at One Mile House and anniversary party in Barcade St Marks, might check that out.

I'll bring Croatian beers, if you're into countries rating I can bring Slovenian, Serbian, Montenegro. Let me know.

Cheers

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 18:37 Mon 10/2/2017

There are some BYOB places in NYC. Others may be better and identifying the ones in Manhattan. Most of the ones I know are in Brooklyn.

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 07:24 Tue 10/3/2017

Hm I didn't have BYOB in mind, usually I bring some beers for the local Ratebeerians as token of courtesy (or for trade). I guess bottle share could be done as well if that's what you're speaking of.