NYC October

Reads 1800 • Replies 18 • Started Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:19:25 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

meguiar
10:13 Tue 10/3/2017

Gonna put this here since the "Add Event" page is down currently. The NYC Brewers Guild is hosting Blocktoberfest from 12:30-6 pm on Oct 14th at The Well (East Williamsburg). We've got 25 NYC breweries pouring and food for sale plus exclusive release of a collaboration can that the guild brewed at Other Half. I don't have deets on the canned beer but will hopefully get them soon - it's definitely some kind of hoppy beer (lame, I know, but that's all I've got). It's an admission fee/beer ticket fest rather than an-all-you-can-drink fest and any proceeds benefit the NYCBG (which is non-profit). Hope it's OK that I posted this - I'll add it as an event once the page is fixed. Event page is here: https://www.nycbrewed.com/blocktoberfest/. Feel free to reach out to me here or at nycbrewersguild@gmail if you have questions (I am currently the Sec of NYCBG).

Also, if you're looking for a bottle share spot, you are welcome to host it at Fifth Hammer in LIC next Mon, Tues or Wed (9-11).

Mary I

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 17:00 Tue 10/3/2017

Thanks Mary, not sure I'll make it to Blocktoberfest since I have to meet cgarvieuk and visit Mugs Ale House before heading to the airport.

Seems my Maine trip is off at least for weekend. So I'll probably do some pub/brewery crawling this weekend. So far Park Slope/Redhook/Prospect Heights, Williamsburg Greenpoint/Bushwick and East Village/Lower East Side look most interesting beer wise (though I have other places on my list as well).

meguiar
08:59 Wed 10/4/2017

Cool - just figured I'd throw it out there. Mugs is great regardless and I'm sure that their Anniversary lineup will be killer. I just remembered that Spuyten is having their Oktoberfest that day if you have time and want some German stuff (since it's a short walk from Mugs) - draft list is on their Facebook page.

Have fun crawling! As of this weekend, we're up to 33 breweries with tasting rooms in NYC and a whole lot of excellent bars.

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 11:29 Wed 10/4/2017

Coming from Europe Oktoberfest is something I want to avoid at all cost :)

Singlecut Beersmiths, Interboro, Other Half, Finback, LIC, Greenpoint, Transmitter, Lineup, Threes, Big Alice, are on my list. Looking forward to it.

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 17:22 Wed 10/4/2017

Is there a place in NYC where "Great Beers of Belgium" by Michael Jackson could be bought?

meguiar
10:05 Thu 10/5/2017

Originally posted by Iznogud
Coming from Europe Oktoberfest is something I want to avoid at all cost :)

Singlecut Beersmiths, Interboro, Other Half, Finback, LIC, Greenpoint, Transmitter, Lineup, Threes, Big Alice, are on my list. Looking forward to it.

Totally understandable.

If you're going to Interboro, I would also recommend KCBC as it is only 3 stops away on the L train (The Well is a bar in between with 60 taps, most of which are damn fine ). Five Boroughs is one of NYC's newest breweries and is only 11 short blocks from Lineup. Folksbier is pretty darn close to Other Half. Circa just opened in downtown Bk & has killer pizza, too. LIC Beer Project is between LIC & Singlecut. And Fifth Hammer just opened between Transmitter & Big Alice (full disclaimer - I know & love all of these breweries & their people & am involved in Fifth Hammer). Obviously, you might have left some of these off for whatever reasons but throwing them out there just in case. Have fun!

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 15:35 Thu 10/5/2017

I should have said something sooner given that you're coming to NYC today, but if you brought any Polotmavy ticks, I'd be down for a trade. Didn't think of it in time.

Iznogud
beers 13228 º places 1283 º 09:33 Sat 10/7/2017

Mary thanks for all the information! Putting Fifth Hammer on the list. LIC BP is on my list as well.

jtclockwork - sorry haven't brought any Polotmavy. Actually according to the RB database we don't have a single beer of that style in Croatia.