RateBeer update: New RateBeer mobile app version

Reads 3579 • Replies 25 • Started Thursday, October 26, 2017 4:07:29 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

caesar
beers 7642 º places 411 º 10:59 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by ratebeerian
For the part about friends, are you saying you want to see ticks/private ratings for friends? My only concern is that these are private right now, so users might not want to share them (especially if they work in the industry). I could look into an optional setting to make them visible to friends, but that would complicate things a bit.

Ah ok, I see. I never thought of private ratings that way. I use ticks or ratings without text (since this is now available), because I'm too lazy to write a full review :-). I'm happy to show them to others. Maybe there can be an option somewhere to share private ratings with just yourself/friends/friends of friends/everyone?

Thanks for the reply!

ratebeerian
beers 3 º places 1 º 13:06 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by rouhlas
I agree with caesar too.. For example instead of seeing the last searched beers in the "default" search page of the app:

I would prefer something like the website's "latest activity":

Good to hear! I'll add it to the list of feature requests, it would definitely be nice to make that page less static and more useful.

ratebeerian
beers 3 º places 1 º 13:09 Tue 10/31/2017

Originally posted by caesar
For the part about friends, are you saying you want to see ticks/private ratings for friends? My only concern is that these are private right now, so users might not want to share them (especially if they work in the industry). I could look into an optional setting to make them visible to friends, but that would complicate things a bit.

Ah ok, I see. I never thought of private ratings that way. I use ticks or ratings without text (since this is now available), because I'm too lazy to write a full review :-). I'm happy to show them to others. Maybe there can be an option somewhere to share private ratings with just yourself/friends/friends of friends/everyone?

Thanks for the reply!

No problem! It makes sense that you may want to share more with friends, I'm adding it to the list of feature ideas.

caesar
beers 7642 º places 411 º 07:28 Thu 11/2/2017

Thanks for the reply!

No problem! It makes sense that you may want to share more with friends, I'm adding it to the list of feature ideas.

Btw: now private ratings first show up in the rated by list, but seem to magically disappear pretty fast (within an hour?). After that they dont show up in the rated by list, nor in the ticked by list. But the score (Borresteijn rated Amstel Radler 0.0 a 2.8 for example) is still viewable in the latest activity page, which power users like me use a lot.

ratebeerian
beers 3 º places 1 º 10:14 Thu 11/2/2017

Thanks for the reply!

Btw: now private ratings first show up in the rated by list, but seem to magically disappear pretty fast (within an hour?). After that they dont show up in the rated by list, nor in the ticked by list. But the score (Borresteijn rated Amstel Radler 0.0 a 2.8 for example) is still viewable in the latest activity page, which power users like me use a lot.

Thanks for this! Working on fixing it in the latest activity page now. I'm not seeing them in the rated by list, but I'll try it out a couple times and see.